Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#80982 - 01/25/04 06:30 PM sites for FREE web page design
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I was hoping to have one of my classes design webpages as a project. Does anyone know of any sites that I can direct them towards? I know about Tripod and Geocites , just wondering if anyone could suggest any others. I would want them to be doing the writing in Spanish, so it would need to allow Spanish characters. ( I tried to use the ñ on the geocities site and it would not allow it.) confused

Thanks

#80983 - 01/25/04 10:31 PM Re: sites for FREE web page design
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Can't you just get a link to your school's web page?

#80984 - 01/26/04 11:23 PM Re: sites for FREE web page design
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
You can get the ñ on the geocities by typing the text into microsoft word or works or whatever you have, then copy and paste your work onto the programming at geocities.

I would swear that the ñ and the á, etc type into geocities fine. I have gone back and edited some of my earlier pages that lacked the punctuation, because I simply did not know how to do it a few years ago. I believe I just keyed it in using
Alt + 0241, etc.

Using your school web site space is good, except in some cases the password to log on is not in circulation and is very restricted. Again, you could have your kids do the programming, and then have someone copy and paste, and also upload, or somehow allow your kids to be logged on while under supervision.

I've been very happy with geocities. My students use geocities, tripod and others have even paid to have their own site names.

Here's my school stuff, including links to my students work:

http://www.geocities.com/srasofia/index.html

I encourage my students to use their original photography, to avoid them borrowing too much from other web pages.

#80985 - 02/08/04 12:13 PM Re: sites for FREE web page design
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Hi, try http://www.iespana.es/heberg/ also I think terra.es has some offerings you and your class may be interested in.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1783 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments