MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#80900 - 09/30/03 03:40 PM Re: Ideas for Unamuno's San Manuel Bueno, mártir
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Sofía, I used the Evanescence song today in class to see where the discussion would lead and they really seemed to enjoy comparing the song and the character of Don Manuel. Thanks for the suggestion. Tomorrow we are going to have our debate and also discuss " La oración del ateo", one of Unamunos's poems with a similar theme. This is an AMAZINGLY bright group of kids. It is exhilerating to work with them and see them develop their ideas in Spanish.

#80901 - 10/04/03 11:37 AM Re: Ideas for Unamuno's San Manuel Bueno, mártir
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Esperanza:

WOW! I WANT TO BE IN YOUR CLASS! It is wonderful to hear of such an imaginative, creative approach to teaching. ¡Ole! para Ud. Keep up the good work. cool

#80902 - 10/04/03 03:01 PM Re: Ideas for Unamuno's San Manuel Bueno, mártir
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Gracias Martín smile ...the kids are wonderful in this class. That is what makes it so great. The debate went really well...they truly understand what Unamuno was talking about. Now we are going to begin another one of my favorite authors: Antonio Machado! laugh I can't wait to hear their ideas about " Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar..." I will definitely be using the J. M. Serrat versions of Machado's poems. Any other suggestions from anyone out there?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments