Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#80721 - 05/09/06 04:20 AM Re: The World Cup
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
For me the two best footballing countries in Europe are competing for the European trophies and I for one am delighted. Arsenal vs Barca is sure to be a very interesting match and it is about time that these clubs played each other. Unfortunately, I will not get to see the match as I will be on my luna de miel, but am trying to find a mate in the UK who will tape it to DVD along with the Championship play-off as the mighty Leeds fight to return to the Premiership.
Boro vs Sevilla will depend on whether Sevilla can manage to take an early lead. It appears that the Boro players only start playing when they are three goals behind and written off by everyone watching.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#80722 - 05/09/06 07:44 AM Re: The World Cup
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Congratulations the_Keeper on your wedding and I hope you enjoy your luna de miel. You should only ever have 1!!!

#80723 - 05/09/06 02:53 PM Re: The World Cup
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
No question Spain has the talent, they always have, but as a collective group they never seem to put it "together" in major international competitions. Not trying to start anything here, but just check their records. I would like our chances (usa's) in any other grouping than what we have, Italy, check and even Ghana will be tough. We are very solid in goal w/ Keller, and I still believe countries do not take us seriously, so maybe we get Italy or Check on an off day and we can advance. big IF i know, but they don't play games on paper, but on the pitch!

#80724 - 05/11/06 01:45 AM Re: The World Cup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keeper:Enjoy your luna de miel and I will get back to you regarding my predictions for this World Cup.I have not sat down to make a good analysis yet but I'll be watching Spain,the USA and México closely.

Gregorio:This USA team is very good.They have been playing very well for the last 5 or 6 years and are currently ranked at #4 in the entire world by FIFA.Only Brazil,the Czech Republic and Holland are ahead of them(Spain and México are at #5 and #6 respectively).

And yes,they will have to be at their best to advance to the next round because they are in a tough group with very difficult rivals Italy and the Czech Republic.

#80725 - 05/11/06 02:45 PM Re: The World Cup
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Rey--Their #4 ranking is somewhat misleading to me. I believe Mexico got a better seeding than us, world ranking not withstanding. It will be a fun tournament.

#80726 - 05/11/06 07:03 PM Re: The World Cup
jabch Offline

I hope that I will have to eat my words, but Mexico has been ranked fourth many times in the past, and always fails to play at its best in the world cup. Actually, with a very different style, the U.S. has the same problem. However, they have a good excuse, they are "new" to the sport...but I think this might well be their last chance to do bad and go unnoticed. While in Mexico, like in most countries, everyone is expectant for the results.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2429 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments