Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#80313 - 12/14/05 08:40 AM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Here is an interesting article about President Bush I read today.
Bush in the Bubble

I have to agreed with many of the points raised in the article.

Bill

#80314 - 12/14/05 10:11 AM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Good article Bill, maybe Seymour Hersh wasn't so far off afterall. And I think the US public feels in their gut that there is some credence to "Bush's Bubble".
I saw on the news this AM that "Carl Rove" has been ordered to testify before a "Grand Jury" today on the "outing of CIA agent "Plame" and lying to a Grand Jury.

Maybe while Rove is out of the WHite House, George Bush can sneak to the phone, call 911 and tell the police he's being held against his will!
I'm sorry! just being facetious!

#80315 - 12/14/05 09:06 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Sallyanne writes:
Quote:
Booklady, non-Christian does not automatically mean amoral.
And when did I say that they were, Salleyanne?

It is apparent to me that you reached the wrong conclusions because you did not truly read my responses critically. If you had, you would have noted that when I made the comparison, the elements were not equal.

For example, I did not say: "I prefer to vote for a moral president instead of an amoral one." See the balance?

Nor did I state, "I prefer to vote for a Chrisitan President rather than a Non-christian one?" which is what you are alluding in your statement.

If you read my responses critically you would see that the dichotomy of Christian and amoral were not balanced, but descriptive. In the universe of two types, which I chose Christian and amoral, I stated my preference.

This does not mean, nor did I mean it to mean that amorality is equated with being a non-christian!

I know the difference. wink

#80316 - 12/14/05 09:33 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
What do you mean, Christians are amoral, Booklady! laugh

Just kidding of course. wink

Could you please check your PM. I sent you one a long time ago about a book you recommended and I just checked and it's never been read. Just read "Don Quixote's Delusions" again and re-enjoyed it. smile smile smile

#80317 - 12/15/05 06:09 AM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Bill from NYC writes: "I have to agreed with many of the points raised in the article."
I also agree but perhaps not for the same reason

Some excerpts from that Newsweek article
Quote:
... "The president would ask the generals, 'Do you have what you need to complete the mission?' as opposed to saying, 'Tell me, General, what do you need to win?' which would have opened up a whole new set of conversations," says this official, who did not want to be identified discussing high-level meetings. The official says that the way Bush phrased his questions, as well as his obvious lack of interest in long, detailed discussions, had a chilling effect. "It just prevented the discussion from heading in a direction that would open up a possibility that we need more troops," says the official.
The old Military (or Naval) story in action. Those Chiefs of Staff didn't get where they are by displaying any signs of uncertainty or disagreement with their Superiors. Maybe the Army Chief expects the Marine Corps Chief to say something (or vv.) so, the real truth of the situation never sees the light of day.
Quote:
Bush generally prefers short conversations—long on conclusion, short on reasoning.
Maybe that's a signal we should have 'picked-up' on! He can't handle long, analytical discussions! He's not a 'think-on-your-feet' type of leader; everything has to be 'cut & dried' for him, as are all his recent speeches promoting his War to carefully selected audiences (no questions).
Quote:
He likes popular history and presidential biography ... but by all accounts, he is not intellectually curious. Occasional outsiders brought into the Bush Bubble have observed that faith, not evidence, is the basis for decision making. Psychobabblers have long had a field day with the fact that Bush quit drinking cold turkey and turned around his life by accepting God. His close friends agree that Bush likes comfort and serenity; he does not like dissonance. He has long been mothered by strong women, including his mother and wife. A foreign diplomat who declined to be identified was startled when Secretary of State Rice warned him not to lay bad news on the president. "Don't upset him," she said.
Another "strong" woman, mothering G.W.Bush and protecting him? I wonder if Harriet Miers also fits that profile. Dr. Rice's warning to the foreign diplomat 'not to lay bad news on the President' goes back to what I wrote about his Military Chiefs earlier in this 'post:' Like the Roman Emperor Nero, he doesn't want to hear any bad news and woe to him or her who dares deliver unfavorable tidings.

#80318 - 12/15/05 10:35 AM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Don Eddie writes:
Quote:
Like the Roman Emperor Nero, he doesn't want to hear any bad news and woe to him or her who dares deliver unfavorable tidings.
Well, it seems though that he does accept strong criticism from the 'strong' women in his life. He certainly didn't divorce and later kill his wife when she told him he had to quit drinking. Nero not only divorced his wife but later had Octavia killed. He also killed his mother, Agrippina on the fifth attempt. He also killed the only light of reason in Rome,and his most favored advisor, Seneca.

Bush cherishes his wife, Laura,who saved his life. He adores his mother, who by all accounts had been very critical of George. And he placed his advisor Dr. Rice in a high position of Secretary of State!

#80319 - 12/15/05 11:27 AM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
fulano Offline

Does anyone feel as I do? the more I learn about our President Bush and his idiosyncratic behavior and his peculiar inclination to being surrounded and moved only by "strong willed women", the more frightening the situation we are in seems.
Are we all part of some future "Shakespearean" comedy/tragedy like "Macbeth 2005".
And Booklady you state that Nero later murders all the strong women who influenced him while Rome burned, "Ai! al fin de mundo" I hope Bush doesn't have a fiddle!

#80320 - 12/15/05 12:09 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
fulano Offline

Also Booklady I do have to say that your statement
"I know it is unacceptable among secular circles but, I prefer to have a Christian president than an amoral one"
Booklady you did seem surprisingly, geez how can I put this diplomatically?, your usually such a nice intellectual and rational lady and I too was taken aback by your statement. I know you tried to expain yourself and probably correctly, but it did sound a little peculiar coming from you. If you simply said "I prefer to have a Christian president than an amoral one" then it makes sense. But the inclusion of "I know it is unacceptable among secular circles"
That seems kind of irrational and not based in fact, as most of our presidents have espoused the Christian faith and "secular" people have voted for them que no?
Hope you accept this as a "constructive criticism" and not a personal attack as I respect your opinion's greatly.

#80321 - 12/15/05 02:08 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Doña Carmen (aka Booklady) writes:
Quote:
Bush cherishes his wife, Laura,who saved his life. He adores his mother, who by all accounts had been very critical of George. And he placed his advisor Dr. Rice in a high position of Secretary of State!
Let me quote the immortal words of Larry (Yogi) Berra: "It ain't over til it's over;" and the end may be drawing nearer than we think. Let's just wait and see what goes down.

#80322 - 12/15/05 02:55 PM Re: Maybe God can help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Fulano and Eddie,

laugh You mean you don't think that Bubba was under the influence of strong woman? laugh rolleyes laugh

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2084 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments