Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8028 - 03/23/05 03:24 PM Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
Richard_Rivas Offline

Loc: USA
Hola todos!

Question to all on Hostales in Barcelona; I’m looking to stay in or around the Bario Gotico a twin room with the beds far apart as I snore loudly and don’t want my friend to hate me. I’ll be there in April –

Does anyone have info on the Sol y K guest house ? I find their website kind of cool. On their website they had a picture of a nice room with twin beds; I had asked if I could reserve that room. Below is what he responded.

“Hola Richard,

From April 20th to 24th we only have avaibility on a double with twins bed 2 balconys /
Bathroom to share in the hallway : 50 Euros per night .

I join a pict of the bedroom, if you are interested we'll follow the booking.

Regards,”

Not sure what he means by “I join a pict of the bedroom”; If anyone can offer a translation, and am not clear if he has a twin or a double. I do get the part about having to use the bathroom in the hallway.

A lot of folks in these threads seem to recommend the Hostal Levante, but it doesn’t call my attention.

That’s all for now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

#8029 - 03/23/05 03:29 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
RedBull Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I just emailed Sol Y K about a reservation in April as well; the "join picture" bit should mean that he sent a photo attachment of the room--that's what he did for mine.
I think the place looks cool too. I think it's pretty new, because I've been searching everywhere for reviews and can't find anything (I posted previously on this list and got one reply, so you might go back through and look for my previous post). I'll make sure to review it when I get back!

#8030 - 03/23/05 03:39 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
Richard_Rivas Offline

Loc: USA
Duuuuuuuh!
Of course! I just noticed that he attached two pictures! How obvious.....

Thanks so much for the hint.....

Richard

#8031 - 03/23/05 06:41 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Would you two please return to this thread to give us your reviews of Sol y K Guesthouse ? We'd ALL appreciate it as would future travelers to Barcelona. Please try to post it in this current thread. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8032 - 03/23/05 07:40 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Hola Ricardo,

The Hostal Opera , just off La Rambla near the opera house, was cheap, quiet, friendly and close to everything.

I was there last year and would gladly stay there
again. I have more info, if you want it.

#8033 - 03/24/05 12:04 AM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
velotrain Offline

Dave -

Hostal Opera sounds good, but based on the map it looks like it's right in the Raval area, which is supposed to be the most sleazy and dangerous in the city. I'm sure you felt OK there or you wouldn't recommend it, but I have some hesitation based on what I've read.

Charles

#8034 - 03/24/05 05:24 AM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola velotrain and all,

I second Dave. I stayed ath e Hostal Opera Dec last year. Technically it might be Raval, but actually it is located right off the Rambla around the corner of the Opera house. Front desk ist staffed 24 hrs a day. We, two female travelers, felt very safe there lodgingwise and areawise. Plus you are very close to everything you probably want to see. I would stay there again.
I had also inquired about the Hostal Levante but got mixed reviews. Basically it is supposed to be to expensive for the simple hostal that it is.
Being in BCN I passed it, too, and that area/house to me looked a bit dicey.

I wrote a BCN trip report on this forum - just do not know how to put in the link...

Enjoy your trip!

From Prussia with Love,

la calma

#8035 - 03/24/05 07:03 AM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
summerstorm Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I am in Barcelona 3/30-4/3 and have a res at Hostal Campi just of Las Ramblas on Carrer de la Canuda, 2 beds with bathroom, 54 euros/night. I found this in the Lonely Plant travel guide. Does anybody know of this place?

#8036 - 03/24/05 12:05 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
RedBull Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
More Sol Y K info...
I have officially made a reservation for 4 nights in April. So far Phillippe, the contact, has been extremely helpful and quick to reply to my emails. Hopefully the place is good as well; I'll let everyone know!

#8037 - 03/24/05 01:23 PM Re: Hostales in Barcelona (what's the latest?)
velotrain Offline

Thanks to the folks who recommended Hostal Opera. I've booked my reservation for late April - early May and they said no problema regarding storing my bicicleta while I'm there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments