Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#80246 - 11/27/05 12:53 PM Audio CDs to MP3 conversion? What software is best?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My plan is to convert much of my music CD collection to MP3 files and keep on my computer or, possibly, eventually transfer to a portable MP3 player. But the MP3 player is later. Now, I'd like to know what conversion software you might recommend.

I assumed my SONY brand laptop would have something built-in. It does have Sonic brand RecordNow but it only copies and doesn't convert. One can PAY to upgrade the program to convert CDs to MP3 but if I can find some Freeware software that would be great. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#80247 - 11/27/05 01:20 PM Re: Audio CDs to MP3 conversion? What software is best?
Lonoma Offline

Loc: Sevilla, Spain.
Hola MM,

Yo utilizo audiograbber . En alguna ocasión he empleado el Jet Audio. Son freeware los dos.

Regards.

#80248 - 11/28/05 10:28 AM Re: Audio CDs to MP3 conversion? What software is best?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MM

I have owned three portable MP3 players over the years. My latest one, Creative's Zen Touch and the previous two MP3 players, all came with software to rip my CDs to mp3 files.

If you going with the most popular one MP3 player, IPod, it will rip your CDs to Apple's MOV files not MP3. When I upload my MP3 music, my Zen Touch's software converts it to Microsoft's AVI file format.

Bill

#80249 - 11/28/05 10:49 AM Re: Audio CDs to MP3 conversion? What software is best?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey, thanks for the input! Lonoma's suggestion of audiograbber looks pretty good, simple, free, and small file size. I don't expect to buy a portable MP3 player in the near future but you never know.

Any other suggestions? Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#80250 - 12/02/05 06:17 AM Re: Audio CDs to MP3 conversion? What software is best?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The AudioGrabber program is working out just fine for me. No complaints. I've convereted about 20 CDs so far and that was only yesterday! Got about 60 more to do.

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments