Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8016 - 03/21/05 10:01 AM 5 night card - Paradors
jaw Offline

For our upcoming trip to Spain, I have booked 5 nights at Paradors using the 5 night card feature. In booking, I had to provide a credit card number and have now paid 4 of the 5 nights fee in making our reservations.

According to the website, I need to purchase a 5 night card at the first parador we stay at. How does this work? I'm assuming that I will have to pay the full fee, even though I have already paid 4 nights?

Any ideas?

#8017 - 03/21/05 12:42 PM Re: 5 night card - Paradors
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
How did you make your bookings and are you certain you have actually been charged for those nights?

I am doing the same thing, but was advised not to book through the Parador website directly. I was told to contact each Parador separately via email, make the reservations (letting them know I will be using the 5 night card), and they will not actually charge my card. I did have to provide credit card information, but it was clearly stated that it was to hold the reservation, not to purchase an evening in advance. Plus, by contacting the Parador directly, I am given the option of cancellation within 24 - 48 hours without fee. Not true if booking through the web site.

I think it all depends on how you booked. I would think that if you have pre-paid and pick up your 5 nights card at the first Parador, then the subsequent Paradors should reverse the charges on your credit card at check in. I would contact each Parador and confirm this, however. (Their emails are <<name>>@parador.es - example: toledo@parador.es)

#8018 - 03/21/05 04:32 PM Re: 5 night card - Paradors
jaw Offline

Thanks for your insight. I have emailed the parador reservation account and asked the same question. If I don't get a satisfactory response I will follow up with each parador individually.

I have definitely been charged as I just recieved my credit card statement and I have 4 nights billed.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments