Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 20 of 28 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28 >
Topic Options
#79760 - 09/16/05 03:07 PM Re: Who will help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Hey youse guys, I'm definately not a Bush supporter and he will probably in the end give away the farm to his rich campaign contributors, but he is in a tough spot and the people of the country and world are expecting him to take some kind of action. I hear you on the right complaining about his proposals but in very vague nebulous terms, what did you object too specifically and what would you have him do?
Al Rato

#79761 - 09/16/05 03:50 PM Re: Who will help us!!
jabch Offline

BL: you are totally right. I was just trying to show the downside of the opposite scenario.

By the way, I was looking at this thread and realized you hadn’t post any messages lately. Funny I was just thinking of you and then you showed up. Glad to hear your house is getting finally fixed. Saludos.

TJ, I think MM will have to limit the number of goodies we are getting from Spain. Otherwise this will look more like a "pampering effort" than a “relief effort.” So every family will get just one Pierna de Jamon Serrano a week laugh

#79762 - 09/16/05 03:55 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Is there just the slightest chance that Ninas is Ignacio resurrected????? eek eek eek

#79763 - 09/16/05 04:09 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Puna,

eek This is scary. I was thinking the same thing.

Fulano,

It goes to the heart of conservatism. Government work projects. Government and work just don't go together. I think the solution for New Orleans is just call the dogs off of private industry. There's enough work down there for big and small companies alike and only competition will keep the prices down, not government inspectors and other government agencies. With them it's just a power struggle, the power of pull that is. mad

But again I say, I'm willing to foot the bill for a government work projects, if it will alleviate some misery and change the liberal paradise that was New Orleans (and unfortunately, other parts of the U.S. as well.) confused I hope you prove me wrong.

#79764 - 09/16/05 05:52 PM Re: Who will help us!!
jabch Offline

Who is Ignacio?

#79765 - 09/16/05 06:15 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
ninas,

I see that one of the sources you quoted was Penthouse. And since when has that magazine been a source of reliable information?

Everyone knows that it's all about the pictures. eek

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#79766 - 09/16/05 07:22 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
jabch,

He was a former member, I believe from Spain, who had some very interesting(very far left) attitudes. I remember him most for his dogged determination in defending the ETA. May God be with him.

#79767 - 09/16/05 08:56 PM Re: Who will help us!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Jabch: Your to young to know about Ignacio. smile Whatever your age, your to young to know about Ignacio. laugh

#79768 - 09/19/05 05:58 PM Re: Who will help us!!
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
:o NO, I am not Ignacio; nor do I know him personally and quite frankly I don't understand why I would be compared to him when he lives on the other side of the world; anyway for all of you people who insist on ridiculing me for speaking my thoughts...I have nothing to say to you because you're not worth it!

It's very interesting to note how people start to deride others when they don't have answers themselves;you people persist on mocking me but still have not answered the questions that I have previously posted.

Why would the US need Foreign Aide in the first place if there are anouph resources here?

Why did FEMA wait so long to respond even after they knew what horrible consequences the hurricane left?

Why are the Bush Administration and FEMA preventing reporters from taking pictures and writing stories of the recovery victims even after being challenged and winning in court by CNN?

Where is all of this money suddenly coming from that Bush has pledged to restore the city and help the victims where as before he was cutting funding to fix the levees (which would have prevented this whole disaster in the first place) in New Orleans because there wasn't anouph in his budget?

When and if you decide to answer these questions with evidence; then you would have won the right to respond however you please smile

As always respectfully yours truly,

Nina.

"All truth passes through 3 stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

#79769 - 09/19/05 07:37 PM Re: Who will help us!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
What did we all think of the Bush speech on Washington Square Park in New Orleans the other night?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 20 of 28 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2309 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments