Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 19 of 28 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28 >
Topic Options
#79750 - 09/15/05 08:00 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
In an hour from now GB was give a live speech on TV and we will have more to talk about! confused

DD

MM said I cannot make fun of you or anyone else. GB is ok to make fun of! laugh

Bill

#79751 - 09/15/05 08:08 PM Re: Who will help us!!
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Respectfully Yours Truly;

I take full responsibility for my posts; the words that were written were not my own rather real news from various sources and I would hope that people reading this are not so narrow minded as to attack the messanger before probing for further proof on their own terms.

Contrary to recent posts I don't spend much time in front of a TV Set and I am not a conspirecy theory fanatic like some would have you believe;On the other hand I would advise all of you to ask touph questions...example:

Why would the US need Foreign Aide in the first place if there are anouph resources here?

Why did FEMA wait so long to respond even after they knew what horrible consequences the hurricane left?

Why are the Bush Administration and FEMA preventing reporters from taking pictures and writing stories of the recovery victims even after being challenged and winning in court by CNN?

Where is all of this money suddenly coming from that Bush has pledged to restore the city and help the victims where as before he was cutting funding to fix the levees (which would have prevented this whole disaster in the first place) in New Orleans because there wasn't anouph in his budget?

There are many news excerpts out there that inform about Bush and FEMAS'Negligence; all you have to do is look and CARE!!!!!!

Nina Out... :o

#79752 - 09/15/05 08:53 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ninas,

I've no problem accepting the fact that FEMA is yet another bumbling, incompetent government agency. But how does this fact lead to President Bush inviting the Mexican Army to conquer Louisiana? That's too Michael Moorish to me.

Viva la Reconquista!!!! smile smile smile smile

#79753 - 09/16/05 06:53 AM Re: Who will help us!!
Alando Offline

Loc: Japan
Ninas,

get some help for yourself fast - seriously! I have watched every episode of X-Files and all of them put together are more believable than your "quoted" sources. rolleyes

#79754 - 09/16/05 07:52 AM Re: Who will help us!!
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
jabch: GREAT IDEA!! They should have sent a ton of jamon serrano, some mejillones, and some vino tinto with casera and the world would have been just awesome. cool Having a good ham and some mejillones sure would have kept me in a blissful culinary stupor until the cavalary arrived. I like that idea.

I live in Florida, and should a hurricane go through Tampa and wipe out my house, I hereby request that www.madridman.com send me two jamon serranos, five tins of mejillones and a bota bag of vino tinto with casera. You could be my own little FEMA.

Could Condie do better than George? MMM..good question. GW is a bonified cowboy with a pick up truck and a cowboy hat. Could a girl do any better than that?

#79755 - 09/16/05 08:52 AM Re: Who will help us!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Billfrom NYC: Give it your best shot buddy, I doubt that you will say or write anything that I have not seen or heard about myself before. smile You should see what my employees put on the company bull board, interesting to note that none have ever refused their paychecks or Christmas bonus. smile smile

#79756 - 09/16/05 10:49 AM Re: Who will help us!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
From ABC News Website about the President speach.

Quote:
House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., speaking after the president's address, acknowledged that the recovery programs would add to the nation's debt. GOP leaders are open to suggestions from lawmakers to cut government spending elsewhere, but the task is urgent, he said.
Hey Dennis, about rolling back that Highway Bill that Congress just passed. That was the largest Highway Bill ever passed by Congress and GB did not veto it. It was passed during this nation's largest deficit and when this nation of ours is fighting a war in two countries and have not paid for the cost of fighting these wars and help rebuilding these countries.

I cannot believe they need suggestions. They spend the money on pork barrel projects, they give tax break mostly to the rich and now they ask for suggestions where to cut. You know they are looking for suggestions that are not painful to their political base. There is still talk about new tax cuts. Just proves that one party should never be in control of the Office of the President, the Senate and House of Representatives.

You need a suggest Dennis, how about Congress cuts out their brains because you are not using them. mad

Bill

#79757 - 09/16/05 11:36 AM Re: Who will help us!!
jabch Offline

Bill: But I've also seen in many democratic countries that if you have a republican president with a democrat senate and House of Representatives (or vice versa), the president sits in his office doing nothing and saying: "Is not my fault!! Everything I propose gets stuck in congress and my hands are tied". At the end I think plurality is good but leadership is better. The problem is where that leader is taken you to. Also, when someone is free to make decisions, he can be hold responsible, or at least blamed, for the results.

#79758 - 09/16/05 01:36 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Bill from NYC,

I kind of agree. Everyday that our government is hogtied is a day of freedom. smile

I think sacking the Highway Bill would be an excellent source of additional income. But as far as tax cuts go.....I'll tell you, I wouldn't mind paying more, if I could be assured that my money wasn't being used to bring that area back to status quo. I don't believe in government work projects like Fulano suggests, but if it would change things so that people would actually work and learn things instead of just accepting hand outs, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

As far as the President's speech last night, if it wasn't for his lack of sleaziness, I'd almost swear I had voted in a Democrat. Almost. laugh

#79759 - 09/16/05 01:48 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hey TJGuy,
I love your FEMA substitute, please add me to the MadridMan Hurricane Relief Effort should another hurricane destroy what is left of my house. Just Jamon Serrano, chorizos, and Sangria, por favor.

I just finally, after ten months of waiting, had the blue tarp removed and my roof was fixed, at my expense since we were hit by two subsequent hurricanes, my deductible was more than the roof repair.

Jabch, the absolute best thing that can ever happen to this country is when the preseident is from one party and congress is lead by the opposite party! That way they are busy fighting each other and leaving the citizenry well enough alone!!!!

The times this country has been in the worst debt is when the same party ruled both the presidency and the congress.

Gazpacho,

I so agree with your assessment of the President's speech last night. I swear most of it was lifted right out of Hubert Humphrey and Lyndon Baines Johnson's speeches in the sixties!

It was a case of deja vous!!! eek

Page 19 of 28 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments