Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 28 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28 >
Topic Options
#79650 - 09/08/05 02:26 PM Re: Who will help us!!
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
Oh so that's it DD "last word freak Yuh?" And I"m glad you see the light concerning the Halliburton scam's with our "Field Marshall" at the helm. But I didn't know about Hurricane Ophelia, that hasn't arrived yet. That's what I admire about the right, their so efficient and the corporate planning is admirable. By the way, I always give to the Salvation Army because some corporate head isn't drawing down six figure salaries to run the charity.
Con Ganas Ranas

#79651 - 09/08/05 07:17 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
Fulano,
You are very right. This whole issue is political. But let's leave that for now and go to the heart of the matter - which is that the people in NO need help now.

On 23-25 I will be returning with another group to help in the clean-up of NO. That is of course, if the water has sufficiently subsided.

Why don't you come with us? I know that it would be greatly appreciated. If you did go, however, there are somethings you would need.
First, you'll have to be self-sufficient. That is, you'll have to bring your own food, water, and ice. Second you would need several changes of clothing, a sleeping bag, insect repellant, work boots, and work gloves.
In some places the stench alone can bring the biggest man to his knees, so maybe a face mask would be a good idea.

With that said, I think that once NO can be livable again, we could sit down and rule out any governmental conspiracies, discuss the lackluster efforts of the government from Washington on down to local officials, and
then tar and feather those responsible.

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#79652 - 09/08/05 07:48 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Why are you singling out Fulano and inviting him to go with you to NOLA? Right-wingers don't own the market on helping needy people. In fact, they just rent it from "bleeding heart" liberals when there is a publicity opportunity to exploit.

#79653 - 09/08/05 08:59 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
No Silvita,

Right-wingers don't own the market on helping needy people. But left-wingers have conered the market on creating needy people. Or perhaps you think that Louisiana is a Republican bastion? confused

Don't mind at all if you delete my post MM. I deserve it. laugh

#79654 - 09/08/05 09:26 PM Re: Who will help us!!
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
Silvita my friend,
Why do you assume that I am necessarily a "right-winger"? A name btw I detest. I don't like "bleeding-heart liberal" either, for that fact.

I would extend that invitation to anyone who wants to go. And when it comes to disasters of this magnitude no one gets to "corner the market" on misery. At this point, giving any credence to government "conspiracies" and at the same time expecting the government to do something about this situation just won't do. frown

If we want something done right, we'll just have to do it ourselves.

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#79655 - 09/08/05 09:36 PM Re: Who will help us!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Let's try to stay on the Hurricane Katrina/Flooding issue, please. Thanks.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#79656 - 09/08/05 09:43 PM Re: Who will help us!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
I don't like the term about liberals that Pinguino mentions above either. Just liberal, Democrat or "the left" are enough for me. And I don't blame anyone who has bought into it. It's been pounded into us from elementary school and the media for more than forty years, since FDR. Oops, more like 60 years.

More power to you Pinguino, for wanting to go and rebuild New Orleans. I'll be much too busy working, paying the additional tax burden caused by this disaster. Just another price tag from another liberal paradise. Can't wait till my hard earned money reaches all those Democratic leaders of La. Don't think I'll sleep well tonight.

#79657 - 09/09/05 03:23 AM Re: Who will help us!!
Pia Offline

Loc: Finland
Wow. I used to think that the legends about people measuring everything in money were exaggerated.
People are dying or have lost everything they own and you worry about the additional tax burden? Disgusting.

#79658 - 09/09/05 06:01 AM Re: Who will help us!!
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
After read all messages of this thread I really understand why people of USA and Europe is SO different, I talked to german people living in Spain when years ago the floods killed and destroyed a big part of Germany and I remember the same in Valencia, well I'm glad to read this site because I can learn more about the world.

I have one question, maybe is a silly question but I don't understand it:
Today at the newspapers it says that Bush has a historical low level of popularity after the NO disaster, and he and his advisers are thinking how to change the people feeling against him.
My question is: if Mr. Bush can`t be reelected why is this important?, I don`t understand it.

#79659 - 09/09/05 06:54 AM Re: Who will help us!!
Alando Offline

Loc: Japan
Fulano, I am curious...did the Government or President Bush force those poor and desolate people of New Orleans to shoot each other and shoot at rescue people too? I know, I know, it isn't their fault because of the history of slavery, they have a free pass at everything right, including personal responsibility? But I did agree with your point about saving Wal Mart! :p

DD, you can still be the bad boy...I will just pop in from time to time and light up the board with my witty observations rolleyes haha..

Page 9 of 28 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1841 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments