Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7925 - 03/07/05 07:14 PM Granada, any reports on Hotel Guadalupe?
pelón Offline

Hotel Guadalupe : Located adjacent to The Alhambra, looks like a pretty good deal. What about it?

#7926 - 03/07/05 09:45 PM Re: Granada, any reports on Hotel Guadalupe?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi pelón!

Yours is a good question and one of which I'd like to know the answer too. After doing the "research" and development of the Granada Lodging page I saw Hotel Guadalupe and others like it located immediately next to El Alhambra and wondered about their location as being either positive or negative or neither.

I'm sure OTHERS would have better input about Granada than me because I've YET to visit! Can you believe that craziness?

While being located immediately next to El Alhambra would be, I'd think, romantic and out of the city itself, more secluded and more solitary, I'm not so sure the location is all that good when you're visiting the rest of Granada's old town. Seems like it would be quite a walk to me. Maybe it would be better to stay somewhere in between? I imagine you'll only visit El Alhambra once and then the rest of your time will be in the Old, Historical Town. Well, I guess there are taxis so transportation would be a problem but WHICH is the most "strategic" part of Granada in which to stay?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7927 - 03/09/05 10:31 AM Re: Granada, any reports on Hotel Guadalupe?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hi there

I stayed there last year with a group of high school students. My complaint for us was that we were split into two groups and put into two separate buildings (next to each other). It is literally up the road from the Alhambra--which was good for us, we just walked down the road upon arriving in Granada and walked onto the grounds and had a drink in the amazing Parador there. The hotel is simple but clean. Nothing special, but not bad either. It is not close to the center of town, but there is a bus that goes back and forth. Hope this helps. smile
Esperanza

#7928 - 03/11/05 12:40 PM Re: Granada, any reports on Hotel Guadalupe?
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
Guadalupe is a nice hotel. Right across the street from the Alhambra entrance. The walk to Plaza Nueva and the center of Granada is all downhill. The walk back up the hill is not strenuous, but if you do not want to walk you can take a bus from the Plaza Nueva to the Alhambra. Line 30. I recommend a visit to the Mirador de San Nicolas at the top of the Albaicin hill for fanstastic views of the Alhambra. Take bus 31 from Plaza Nueva and walk back down the Albaicin hill. If you have any questions about other bus service in Granada phone 900 710 900. English spoken.

Good info on restaurants, bars, etc can be found at http://www.granadainfo.com/elvirag/index.htm

You will love Granada. Fred

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments