Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7897 - 03/01/05 08:24 PM seville hostales during semana santos
jmg Offline

Loc: farmington hills, MI USA
We will be traveling to Spain in two weeks & hope to be in Seville during their festivities for one night. Will we have problems getting hostal accommodations if we just wander the morning we arrive there? Any suggestions?

#7898 - 03/02/05 09:13 AM Re: seville hostales during semana santos
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
I wouldn't leave finding a hostal in Seville to the last minute during Holy Week, as it is by far the busiest time of year, sometimes you can get lucky but it may take a lot of energy and a lot of searching, you may even want to consider staying somewhere outside of Seville and doing a day trip if it looks like a lot of places are full....

#7899 - 03/03/05 09:06 AM Re: seville hostales during semana santos
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
i was in sevilla for semana santa a couple years back, most places, even the smallest of hostales are booked FAR in advance. if you dont have housing now, you need to start looking today, it may already be too late to find something actually in sevilla. good luck!

#7900 - 03/05/05 08:39 AM Re: seville hostales during semana santos
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jmg, have you decided to just "wing it"? (i.e. "take your chances") Also keep in mind that hotel/hostel/apartment prices will be double-to-triple the normal price during Semana Santa so don't hope to bargain your way into an available room for less.

What are some nearby towns to Sevilla? I think there's a thread on this topic here or in the "Favorite Places" forum. We stayed in Alcalá de Guadaíra and took an hourly bus into Sevilla - I think the bus ride lasted about 30 minutes. There's also Carmona and I'd think the bus ride would take about as long.

Anyone know of other nearby towns to Seville which might be possiblie lodging location alternatives?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments