Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#78748 - 03/25/05 08:32 PM Can we train animals to predict natural disasters?
Dr.Farzan Offline

Loc: Sweden
In 373 B.C., historians recorded that animals, including rats, snakes and weasels, deserted the Greek city of Helice in droves just days before a quake devastated the place. Similar accounts of animal behavior at earthquakes have surfaced across the globe since. In Anshan, China, people believe so strongly that animals can predict earthquakes even up to a week in advance. Interestingly, the zoo keepers at that city zoo are now reporting to the seismological bureau whenever they find the animals acting strangely.
Can we train animals to predict natural disasters?

#78749 - 03/25/05 08:56 PM Re: Can we train animals to predict natural disasters?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
The question then becomes, if the behavior to predict disasters is not learned but instinctual, how then can we train instinct?

#78750 - 03/26/05 12:00 PM Re: Can we train animals to predict natural disasters?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ah Booklady,

There are some who feel that all knowledge is instict, pure revelation, insight from a transcendental being. To them there is no such thing as a volitional conscious to form concepts. To them training is just a means of enhancing instinct.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments