Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#78669 - 11/05/04 05:26 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cristobo,

I'm sorry. It just doesn't do any good to "discuss" an issue with you. Your anti-American sentiments, and disdain for all governments is straight out of the anarchists handbook.

To be honest, I feel like I've entered an a$$ kicking contest against a one-legged man. Your views are so stilted, and skewed to one perspective that you don't see any realities in the world, just a point of view with blinders on. (Sorry about the word MadridMan. There just isn't a replacement for it in our vocabulary.)

Now you go ahead and rave against everything as much as you want. I no longer care. Maybe a trip to a Chinese Communist "re-education center" would do you a world of good. You might not think the US is the great satan after they get through with you. But then again... you might just like it. After all, they approach reality the same way as you do. With blinders on.

Wolf

#78670 - 11/05/04 06:06 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
I have said it other times, but I don`t mind to repeat it:
I am not any nihilist. I like, let`s say, Switzerland. I like Canada and Costa Rica. I think the system works in those countries.
I don`t believe in wars, that is all. I don`t think threre is any lesson to learn from Vietnam, Lebanon, Yugoslavia or any other war, except that it was stupid to start the whole thing.
I see you get aroused, Wolf, when confronted with certain facts. So bad for you, of course that is your problem, not mine. If you don`t want to "discuss", as you call it, it is ok for me. So long, then

#78671 - 11/05/04 08:29 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Gazpach: What Cristobo is calling the Law Chamber is the House of Reprsenatives. I have read his post where he has refered to the Law Chamber and the Senate at the same time and that has to be what he is talking about. One of those terms that gets moved around after being interpreted back and forth three or four times. smile

Critobo: I like Costa Rica myself. Canada has outrageously high taxes, and as you can imagine from someone that lives in the desert of Arizona I don't like cold weather. cool

#78672 - 11/05/04 08:38 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lonoma:

Quote:
As many Spaniards, I’m glad that Bush has won the elections
I have to agree with you, since you didn't say "most spanish", and many is an indeterminate number that could be 100, 1.000, 10.000, ..., depending on the opinion of that who is writing.

But that Bush is hated by at least 80% of the country is what surveys declare. Just as in most countries of the UE and in many ther countries in the world.

#78673 - 11/05/04 09:24 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Cristobo,

"Law Chamber" must be referring to Congress or our Legislature. Well, I don't like war either but I don't like turning my back on an ally, or even a potential ally. For me, when one person on this earth lives in slavery, we all do.

Ignacio,

It sure doesn't surprise me that that many people in Europe hate Bush. After all, they hate what America stands for (INDEPENDENCE). wink So, as so many times has been stated on this board, please cast your lot with France and Germany and this will be more than fine with me. Sorry to lose you as an ally against tyrants, but go in peace.

#78674 - 11/05/04 09:45 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Ignacio: I would say that 80% would be a very high estimate of the people in Spain that hate Jr. But the fact that "The Three Stooges" of Europe (Zapaptero, Chirac, Shroder)hate him is one of the reasons that he was reelected, by us stupid ignorant unsophisticated people that live in the interior of America. If you notice one of the first things that he mentioned in his first press conference Thursday, was a trip to Europe to try and improve relations. None of the Three Stooges have mentioned comeing to the US to try and improve relations. Your El Pais paper showed a photo of Zapatero saying he was going to have to change his approach to US Spanish relations.

We in America are offering our hand in friendship. I myself offered my hand in friendship to you, but you pushed my hand away. We as Americans wish you all the best. smile

#78675 - 11/05/04 09:51 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Sorry Desert Dweller but
Quote:
The Three Stooges" of Europe (Zapaptero, Chirac, Shroder
is really offensive. You become outraged when anyone - in particular non-US citizens refer to US politicans in such terms -

Please try to give the same respect to others that you feel you deserve.

Again - I'm all for free speech and freedom of opinion - I'm merely suggesting that down right antagonism is uncalled for.

#78676 - 11/05/04 10:18 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
I think Three Stooges fits the bill. Let's stop worrying about offending someone after having to listen to so many people insult our president, and ridicule the majority of our country. Why should I care that Ignacio says 80% of Spaniards hate Bush ? They probably get their info from El Pais and therefore their hatred is based on false information from that paper. I'm very happy/relieved that Bush won, and I don't care what a bunch of anti-American Spaniards think. I do think it's funny/fitting that so many anti-American Europeans are so caught up in our elections, that's great. And we voted for who WE wanted in office, not who YOU wanted, and you're angry about that for some reason.

#78677 - 11/05/04 12:46 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Colin,

Puna's request isn't that we shouldn't voice differences, but that we do it in a civilized manner. We all go off half-cocked at times and throw out insulting terms referring to leaders from Europe, or the US. Therein lies the problem. If we quit doing this (I'm as guilty as anyone else), the discourse will be more pallatable to everyone, and nobody is being insulted.

I think everyone would agree on this issue, because the insulting names only further the division, and close people's minds further. Our objective is to learn more about each other and our societies, not create a chasm that can't be broached.

Wolf

#78678 - 11/05/04 12:46 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ditto ColinK,

Keep on the antagonizing Desert Dweller. I've heard enough about how stupid we are. :p

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2710 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments