Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >
Topic Options
#78639 - 11/03/04 05:40 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, guys, but it seems it's not over yet (unless CNN info is incorrect):

Data

#78640 - 11/03/04 07:00 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Not so fast everybody. I am just as upset about the way this is going as you are. I went to bed about 12:30 Arizona time and Jr. was short several electorals then. Like all of you I am a firm believer that the winner should be clear. The Sec of State for Ohio is saying that under current law he has ten days to declare a winner. confused mad rolleyes :o frown

#78641 - 11/03/04 07:58 AM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Reply to all,
The words of the famous American philosopher
YOGI BERRA, "It ain't over until it's over"!

#78642 - 11/03/04 05:25 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ignacio,

CNN being wrong is hardly an event. Sorry guys, I guess Democratic Michigan couldn't pull it off. Well, you know the situation here. I just can't believe so many people would vote for Mr. Heinz. I think next election, we're going to have our butts handed to us on a platter. frown

#78643 - 11/03/04 05:41 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it was just one source of info. Several others said the same, including spanish international EFE agency, and at least one american newspaper.

Iknow those because a friend sent me a whole dossier this morning.

And they were right. Bush hadn't won yet, and I will never understand why americans don't wait till every vote is counted if there were one chance in a million that the results may change. What would you think if it happened that 90% of the remaining votes were for Kerry and he had more electors? Would Bush resign? Don't think so.

rolleyes

#78644 - 11/03/04 05:52 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Blah blah blah blah blah. Election Shmelection. Voter turnout, voter fraud, anyway you slice it, the only thing we learned today is this: There is a culture war brewing in America. And it seems that the bible-thumping, cross burning, xenophobic turned out to vote en masse to make sure that the gays know their place. It's great to have a faith-based president, rather than a reality-based one, no?

God Bless America...we're gonna need it.

#78645 - 11/03/04 06:40 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

To be true, I obviously feel absolutely closer to Kerry than Bush, and yet, I was thinking that, no matter what the results were, and who was in charge, things wouldn't change that much.

And then I realized that what this elecions have been good for is for the americans to side themselves: with or against genocides. The majority decided with. Before, they could have alledged they didn't know Junior was going to bomb Afghanistan and Irak to ashes. NOw they know and still vote him. That makes them just as guilty.

I am only sorry for the high number of people, precisely from the more sophisticated areas of the country, the coasts, who will be considered in the same lot.

#78646 - 11/03/04 06:57 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Ignacio: You are so right, we that live inland from the coasts are just a bunch of stupid low life hicks,all we want to do is kill babies and drop bombs. There is nothing that gives us inland idiots more pleasure than to see masses of starving people. If there is to many of them the ideal thing to do, rather than taking them food, would be to kill them all as it is cheaper that way. Yeah you are right once again, we Americans are all just a bunch of stupid Imperialist murderers.

I just cannot figure out how I made it 52 years without you to show me the falacy of my ways. Thank God I met Ignacio. rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#78647 - 11/03/04 07:26 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
It is quite a shame that we don't have someone like Ignacio for president to show us the error of our way. Why, he could show us numerous examples of more humane cultures that help other more needful countries like.....unh?....well.....let's see....huh!

smile smile Love you Iggy.

Oh yeah,

Silvita, I thank the Lord for the Bible Belt states, since my own don't seem to be worth a damn when it comes to elections. Michigan is hardly a liberal state but we just can't seem to get over our obsession with Democrats.

#78648 - 11/03/04 10:52 PM Re: Florida ballots - they did it again!!!
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
Ignacio,

Your remarks that those who voted for Bush are as guilty as he is and that you felt sorry for those "from the more sophisticated areas of the country, the coasts, who will be considered in the same lot" were to say the least, irresponsible.
Allow me to explain. 1) my wife, who is the kindest and most giving person I know, voted for Bush. At the the last minute, I changed my vote from a third party to Bush. Now, I will neither apologize for that nor explain my movitivations, but I can assure you, my friend, that we are no more genocidal imperialists than you are.
2) I am from one of those coastal states - California - and the reason I left...no, fled...is because of the existing "us and them" mentality which many people have there. Don't believe it? Just look at the garbage produced by Hollywood where only the "beautiful people" are shown. If you are less than beautiful, rich, or have celebrity status, then you are pond scum. These places are NOT sophisticated. They are, in fact, quite the opposite. The very people (the poor, the disenfranchised, minorities) these effete snobs presume to champion are the very ones they detest the most.
All people are products of their environment, and in this post 9-11 world we live in, the American psyche has undergone changes - such is our American environment. I don't expect you to understand that anymore than you would expect me to fully comprehend the Spanish/Vasco/Catalan psyche.
Don't think that I am taking a patronizing attitude with you. From what I've read of some of your posts, I believe that you are indeed an intelligent and kind person. But you are incorrect this time.

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments