MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78357 - 09/04/04 01:38 AM Clinton Health Crisis
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Let's all unite and offer our best wishes to former President Clinton as he faces very difficult heart surgery.

#78358 - 09/04/04 07:47 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
It's part of a complicated Republican plot to keep him from campaigning for Kerry and simultaneously raise money for more Swift boat ads. laugh

ernie

PD I do wish him well, as I would any human being!

#78359 - 09/04/04 08:59 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
I wonder how many female nurses are on his floor?

#78360 - 09/04/04 10:54 AM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It seems the world (in general) really loved former President Clinton - mainly for his personality than anything else - but he did give the USA a "kinder, gentler" face for 8 years even if we were no Kinder nor Gentler than former President Bush who coined the phrase, "Kinder, Gentler nation" among many others.

Regardless, I too wish him well. And what terrible timing! Maybe it's a ploy to boost sagging book sales? wink

But as ebetancourt, I too wish him well as I would to any human being.

Apparently heart bypass surgery is almost routine these days. I wonder how long it's supposed to "last". confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78361 - 09/04/04 02:48 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Sorry to say,

But I think the rest of the world might have liked Clinton, because he was an embarassment to the U.S.

I also wish him well, and hate to see someone as young as he is have to go through this procedure. Makes me nervous..... frown

#78362 - 09/04/04 02:51 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Poor man. He looked very healthy and fit at the Democratic convention. He looked like he had lost a lot of weight. But heart problems also tend to be genetic as well as environmental. He's a relatively young man, only 58, so he should do well, and of course he will have the best healthcare possible.

MM don't forget that he is best known for his phrase: "I feel your pain." wink

Regardless of political beliefs, you can wish President Clinton well via his website:
http://www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org/

#78363 - 09/04/04 04:10 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
gazpacho wrote:
Quote:
Sorry to say, But I think the rest of the world might have liked Clinton, because he was an embarassment to the U.S.
To the contary. Most everyone outside of North America I've talked to about the Lewinsky "scandal" told me, "I don't know what the big deal is all about? Who cares if he had an affair? Is that REALLY important to warrant such press coverage? Shouldn't that be minimized to the tabloids?" Well. No. The truth is, we puritanical United Statesens are a bit hypocritical when it comes to things like this. We persecute the actions of others while we may be doing the very same things ourselves.

Kings, presidents, and prime ministers around the world get little press about these kinds of personal "issues". They're more concerned about his POLITICAL actions and and less about his personal activities. I can't agree with them more. I could care less about whether or not our current president wears leather or VINYL chaps eek and while making "whoopee" as long as he acts/reacts appropriately in the political arena.

REGARDLESS, I hope he has a full recovery. And I hope never to say, "I feel your pain" with regards to his condition. wink KEEP EXERCISING & EAT SMART, WORLD!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78364 - 09/04/04 05:20 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Well Madridman,

I guess that makes it right then. rolleyes Plus the fact that he allowed his personal life to bring his presidential responsibilities to a stand still, perhaps causing the mess we're in today. (Oh, I forgot, what was it called? Oh, the vast right-wing conspiracy.) Yeah, we made him do it. eek )

I think we have a right to expect more from our president than for him to diddle with interns. Sorry, if you don't feel that way. After all, he wanted the job, he should live up to it. Or did he just want the power? confused

Regardless, I wish him the best, and you too.

#78365 - 09/04/04 06:55 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
No, gazpacho, the press, right wing radio personalities, and the Republicans in congress allowed Clinton's personal life to bring his presidency to a "standstill." It would have been nice to follow world events during that time, but it was next to impossible for the many of us who couldn't have cared less where Clinton was putting it. Of course, what Clinton did was morally wrong, but it was against his wife and child, and his God, not the nation. His mistake was that he felt he needed to answer questions at all. He should have said, "none of your business," and dealt with his family and God only. Meanwhile, the press and the public transformed the first whore, Monica Lewinsky, into a millionaire celebrity. I still haven't forgiven Barbara Walters for interviewing Monica. I didn't watch it, and have never watched Barbara Walters since then. It's amazing how the republicans don't seem to notice Guilliani, Gingrich, and the rest going out on their wives, and let's not forget about Strom Thurmond's black love child from his "affair" (back then we no doubt would have called it rape--how many 15-year-old black maids have consensual sex with the boss?) with his black maid. It's okay with you if the press ignores all that as long as the "sinner" is a republican.

And yes, I wish Bill Clinton a full recovery. His service to this nation is no doubt still unfinished, and we need him.

#78366 - 09/04/04 10:30 PM Re: Clinton Health Crisis
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
I don't think it matters, but for the record Strom Thurmond was a Democrat in his "youth" when he was doing his thing. Times have changed, in that era the press ignored peoples personal lives (including JFK's). Watergate/Nixon changed all that.

ernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1568 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments