Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7825 - 02/16/05 05:00 PM Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
margot Offline

Loc: new york
i've just received an email from hostal lido , where i booked about a month ago for this friday and saturday night in madrid, sayiing that they do not have my reservation.. alas, move on. so, since the madridman has recommended hostal lopez so highly i am trying to email them both through the form on their website, and directly via email, but both have bounced back. does anyone know how i can reach them via the internet?
thanks
-margot

#7826 - 02/16/05 05:02 PM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
It's not hostal lopez, but Nieves at Hostal Barrera is quick to respond to emails, runs a nice small little place on atocha, 2 blocks from huertas , email her at mollo@inica.es stayed there a couple of weeks ago and had a very nice stay.

#7827 - 02/16/05 06:21 PM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
margot Offline

thank you! it is a little more expensive, (but if your reservation is lost, it can be as cheap as you'd like, since it doesnt exist!!). i did email her, but my email bounced back. i have gone through a booking service online instead to book a room there. thank you so much! it looks perfect.

#7828 - 02/16/05 09:57 PM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! You mean to say the emails to both Hostal López AND Hostal Barrera bounced back to you? Hmmm.. Now THAT IS ODD! Maybe it's your email program? Strange.

I just corresponded with Nuria, the daughter (which speaks English) at Hostal López and it worked then - it was through the email listed on their website. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7829 - 02/16/05 10:18 PM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
margot Offline

go figure, right?:

the first:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at wredhor.pair.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<hostallopez@telefonica.net>:
213.4.129.134 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Acceso denegado. Access denied.
Giving up on 213.4.129.134.

and the second:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mollo@inica.es

i just tried again though! thanks for your help!

#7830 - 02/18/05 05:52 AM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

margot, that's ODD! Did it work the second time? Did you send it via an email program like Outlook or Eudora or via a web-based email service? Just curious if others have had or are having this same problem.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7831 - 02/18/05 06:46 AM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
margot Offline

yes, it happened 4 more times, so i gave up! my mail program is Mail on the imac g5... but i also tried filling out the form on the website, which failed too. i wish i knew if this were on my end or theirs! i hope this is my problem and not theirs.. i am undaunted though, and will still go check out the hostal lopez while i am there (and need a place to stay for the last 4 nights of our trip.)

#7832 - 02/18/05 08:12 AM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I've just emailed Nuraia at Hostal López at the same email address you mention above - which is the same as that on their website. It hasn't bounced back to me yet but I'll let you know what happens.

You could try calling them but it's probably not likely that Nuria will answer the phone - more likely her mother or father who don't speak English.

Saludos, MadridMan

#7833 - 02/18/05 10:35 AM Re: Madrid: contacting hostal lopez?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I JUST received the following email from Nuria:

Quote:

El e-mail del Hostal va perfectamente y tambien el formulario de reserva de la pagina web, pues estoy recibiendo e-mails sin ningun problema. De todas formas, si ella desea contactar con nosotros tambien puede llamarnos por telefono o mandarnos un fax.
Un abrazo,
Nuria
So in short, she says that she's receiving emails without problem as well as through the reservations table on the Hostal López website. She says you can call by phone or send a fax as well. So maybe it's your email program or your company's firewall or other protective device? Try sending an email from another web-based email service like Yahoo or Hotmail. That should most certainly work.

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments