Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#78286 - 08/29/04 09:17 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
You're right Booklady,

The comparison I honestly meant, was only Kerry's political astuteness. He is not evil and insane like Adolph Hitler. Really reminds me of Stalin actually..... smile just kidding, just kidding. I have to admire his intelligence and political astuteness. They say that Clinton was very intelligent, although I never picked up on it.

Do you mean to say that Kerry has actually done anything in his life besides politics and living off rich women? This I haven't heard. That's what I like about President Bush. If he can successfully run a business, he has a much better chance of being able to run a country. The analogy goes for his family life too.

I've heard that the book has sold over 550,000 copies. Not bad.

#78287 - 08/30/04 04:18 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

By golly, you're right again Booklady,

Senator Kerry is quite an astute businessman. Very, very astute. Seems that Senator Kerry chaired the Senate Select Committe on POW/MIA affairs. "In 1993, the commission concluded amid great controversy that there was no "compelling" evidence that any POWs in Vietnam remained alive."

"this...gave Bill Clinton and the Democratic Party the pretext they needed to begin reopening trade that could help keep the Marxist Vietnamese dictatorship afloat. Those given first place in line for such trade opportunities, of course, were the biggest contributors to Democrats such as Senator Kerry and Bill Clinton."

"In December 1992, Vietnam signed its first huge commercial deal, worth at least $905 million, to develop a deep-sea commercial port at Vung Tau to accommodate all the trade that was to come. At the time, the chief executive officer of this company was C. Stewart Forbes."

And C. Stewart Forbes is Kerry's cousin. So, yes, in his own sleazy way, Kerry is a very, very astute business man.

Oh yeah, tell me "it's only about oil", or George Bush's and Dick Cheney's ties to business, you hypocrites.

I just finished the book. The book as mentioned before has two sections. The first probably written by the co-author John E. O'Neill and the second part by the co-author Jerome R. Corsi, Ph. D. The first part of the book, is about John Kerry's service. It is mostly comical and entertaining and very easy to read. But the second part, his post-war activities is not as easy reading and just plain scary.

If you believe the second part, Senator Kerry is a communist. I use to think this was a joke, but no joke, he's a communist. He was spokesperson for a group called Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). This is his political platform. So you see, Booklady, he can't help to bring up Vietnam. That's what he's all about but in his own way. This group's purpose was to demonstrate that the entire U.S. government was involved in systematical atrocities against the Vietnamese because we, the U.S., are all racist. (sound kind of familiar?) The group sent members to Paris, some of these trips financed by the Communist Party of the U.S.A. (CPUSA), to talk peace with members of the Vietnamese communist during the Vietnamese War. John Kerry went to Paris at least once himself. John was very astute though. When the group's (VVAW's) discussion started turning toward taking violent measures against the U.S., such as assassinating pro-War senators, John stepped down as executive of the group. But he never resigned.

According to POWs, Kerry's testimony, given in front of the Fulbright Committee, was used to obtain similar confessions of atrocities from them. One POW's parents tried to get release of their son through VVAW and their testimony was used to try and extract a confession from him.

A lesser of two evils.....

Now Madridman,

I have to turn the table on you and ask, if all of the charges brought up in this book are lies, why isn't anyone in the Kerry campaign suing the authors of this book for libel? Instead, Kerry has his lawyers going after stations that broadcast the Swift Boat Veteran's for Truth commercials. These a very serious charges. And, if Kerry is as big a war hero as his campaign would lead you to believe, why hasn't he released his military records? You should seek answers to these questions before you decide that Kerry is the lesser of two evils.

#78288 - 08/31/04 12:16 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thanks, Gazpacho. Now I cannot wait to read the book.

#78289 - 08/31/04 09:33 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
Just thought I'd add my two cents here. I find it very sad that so far the main topic of conversation on Bush and Kerry is about Vietnam. I gotta be honest here, I don't give a sh*t about Vietnam. I'm far more interested in what either of these two will do going forward. Just because Kerry served in Vietnam does not make him a shoo in for president. If that were the case then Bob Dole (a WWII) vet would have blown Bill Clinton out of the water. This doesn't mean I don't respect thos ewho served there, it just doesn't automatically qualify them for the presidency.

I'd like to hear both candidates addressing some substantive issues soon. Although I think the vast majority of people have already decided who they're gonna vote for, it'd be nice to hear some actual debating on the issues.

I'm off to Madrid in 21 days.

#78290 - 08/31/04 10:38 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Me too.

I think that at the Republican convention last night, the Republicans made it clear that no matter how the libs and media demonize and belittle our president, he is going to hold his course against terrorism. That's sounds good to me.

As for the other candidate, we still have 60 more days and plenty of times for him to flip-flop. laugh laugh laugh laugh

I would like to see some domestic issues discussed though. confused

#78291 - 08/31/04 11:05 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

I agree, social security would be a good start.

#78292 - 09/02/04 12:29 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
ebetancourt Offline

Loc: Tennessee
The real question is not the swiftboat adds or Kerry's Vietnam service. The question that the media seems unwilling to ask is "why isn't Kerry running on his Senate record?" As a Vietnam Vet (rescue helicopter pilot - USAF) I add my voice to the "I don't care crowd" in terms of what he did or didn't do. I need to find my second DFC, I think it says "hostile fire" but honest there wasn't any. One of, if not "the" worst Secretaries of Defense (McNamarra) in US history was in office, and for a lot of reasons, there were "reporting inconsisitencies" throughout the military at the time.

His after Vietnam activities were offensive, but he could convince me that it was a long time ago, and he has "changed" somehow. But his Senate record? Why isn't that the centerpiece of his campaign? Is it because he has voted against every pro-military and pro-intelligence bill he could? Or?

ernie

#78293 - 09/02/04 10:36 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Ebatancort,

The media whores aren't providing hardly any information about Kerry at all. They know better. It just kills me how they rollover and let the Dems have their way with them every election time. eek I finally heard a good reason that a lot of people are Dems than Republicans. Conservatism requires an intellectual capacity to understand. Now, I feel the libs are equally intelligent but they just choose to ignore reason.

I know what you mean about medals and ribbons in the military. I was often encouraged, even harrassed into submitting myself for awards, but I never did. I figured if my boss didn't care enough to write it himself, then it wasn't genuine and sincere and therefore meant nothing to me anyway. The few awards I did recieve were written by others. I really don't care about his decorations, I'm more concerned about the way he conducted himself while serving and afterwards.

I think Zel Miller covered John Kerry's record in the Senate quite accurately last night. And I don't believe Zel's a Republican laugh How does is feel to be a spit ball party? eek

#78294 - 09/02/04 01:57 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Hola Gazpacho,

Zell Miller says he will die a democrat! What a man. He was fantastic. I hope that Zell Miller will run in 2008,and I hope that he will once again capture the conservative democrats I will certainly vote for him. Someone that stands for common sense. I have to agree with Zell, Bush is the man for the times.

BTW, I still have not received my copy of the book. Hope it does not get lost with Hurricane Frances heading our way!

#78295 - 09/02/04 02:08 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Booklady,

I would vote for Zell too. It's too bad for someone like the Madridman that the Democratic party chose such debris as Clinton and Kerry. Even though my experiences with Democrats, during my adult, voting, life, has been so miserable, I would certainly vote for a Democrat that had morals and principals. I guess, as Zell Miller would agree, I'm just wasting my time hoping.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments