Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#78266 - 08/09/04 05:46 PM "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Actually,

I couldn't find this book at my local Waldenbooks in the Mall. They must of had 20 books, right at the entrance lambasting President Bush in some way or other, and, to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe two bashing the former president. I'm sure that the many members of the Madridman's website will be happy about that.

When I inquired about the availability of the book, they said that it wasn't out yet, and yet I can buy it from Amazon.com.....Conspiracy?

#78267 - 08/09/04 06:01 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can't buy it through their website @ www.swiftvets.com ? Read the 8/8/2004 10:41 PM (Updated 8/9/2004 12:13 AM) USAToday article "Anti-Kerry vets say 'lies' drove them to act" HERE .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78268 - 08/09/04 08:09 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Gazpacho,

Waldenboons may have been correct, because I tried Amazon.com and this is what they stated:

Quote:
Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry
by John E. O'Neill, Jerome R. Corsi
List Price: $27.95
Price: $19.01 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details.
You Save: $8.94 (32%)
Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
Sometimes, a book may be out but the discount book dealers like Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Books-A-Million, and Waldenbooks, will get their shipments when it is released. There is no conspiracy, here! eek

#78269 - 08/09/04 08:26 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Booklady,

I hope you didn't think I was serious. This was the first time I'd been to the bookstore in the mall in ages, and I was amazed by the amount of anti-Bush books. I would like a copy of this new book though. I'll add it to my growing stack of things to read.

What's really amazing is Martin de Madrid's assertion, from the Michael Moore post, that the democrats will restore the freedom of speech in the U.S. Mr. Heinz's lawyers are sitting pretty heavy on any station broadcasting the Swiftboat Veteran's advertisement. How dare they mess with the Politburo? To the Gulags.

#78270 - 08/09/04 08:46 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I just looked at Barnes & Noble and it is for sale at their web page.

Gazpacho, generally, bookstores rank books depending on its sales record. That may be why you see so many anti-Bush books, because they sell so quickly! Generally, it is a well-known fact that books that denigrate sell better than books that uplift. A shame really, if I ruled the book world, then the books by Sister Wendy would be ranked much higher! laugh

That's the book industry.

#78271 - 08/09/04 09:33 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Booklady,

I just ordered it.

#78272 - 08/15/04 10:40 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
The Swift Boat Vetrans organization is a Republican-sponsored Kerry-bashing organization. The guy who claimed to be "yards" away when Kerry rescued the sailor was actually several hundred yards away according to people who were with Kerry. The bs goes on and on. . . it is so transparent, and of course, our brother Gazpacho is furthering this travesty. It is what the Republicans do best, spread disinformation, confuse the issues and then say some vague awful thing will happen unless they are in power. The really sad thing is that so many people, like Gazpacho, actually buy into it. Check your facts, it doesn't stand up.

#78273 - 08/15/04 12:23 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks, Martín de Madrid, for "stirring the pot". rolleyes wink Gazpacho has a right to believe whatever he likes.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78274 - 08/15/04 03:30 PM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Martin, Martin, Martin,

Do you really think that the Republican party is the only party spreading lies and disinformation? I'll be the first to admit that the Swiftboat Vets are probably not engaged in pure objective truth, but lets look at your boy Michael Moore first. Not supported by the Democratic party. Right. They have a name for people who are so blind such as yourself, but I'm going to show constraint and disgression. cool

And as for the facts? That's laughable. Leftist politics have nothing to do with the facts. It's all about feeling good about yourself and imposing pie in the sky policies on others. If that's all you think life is about, then have at it, and I support your right to feel that way. But please, don't get your nose out of joint if I indulge myself in a little tit-for-tat propaganda. :p

I'll accept the fact from a few Vets who put it on the line for us any day, before I accept the bilge put out by that malcontent who created Paranoid 911. :p

#78275 - 08/16/04 11:04 AM Re: "Unfit for Command : Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" Your Opinion
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Well, I was going to just shine it on, but since my brother Gazpacho continues to make outrageous charges without offering any references, not even to "sources" such as the "fair and balanced" newscasters at Fox, I guess I am just going to have to go ahead and start a full-on, carefully researched and documented rebuttal to his replies. It is a lot of time and effort which I don't really want to take, but I am so fed up with people who take pot-shots at the Left without any effort to back up their Right-Wing charges that I am just going to have do find the time and energy to do this.

I fully realize I will not be able to sway the opinion of Gazpacho or those who feel as he does (and he does have a right to his beliefs), but the spin has to be countered by someone. I probably won't reply quickly to everything because I have to do the research, but I will at least try to reply with sources for my contentions.

Please understand this does not have anything to do with how I feel personally towards Gazpacho: I have always felt his presence on the board is like a good chili sauce, (and I LOVE chili sauces) he adds a lot of zest to things! En garde!

Oh, and please don't get your nose out of joint if I indulge myself in a little tit-for-tat fact finding.

Later. . .
I have written my reply, now I am researching the sources, and will post it soon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments