Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >
Topic Options
#78088 - 07/20/04 10:41 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Haven't seen any movies lately. I'm just too busy browsing Madridman's great bulletin board.

Oh thanks taravb for pointing out the link. I don't watch FOX or hardly any TV at all, but I do have time to browse the issues the left considers dribble. Anymore good links?

Aidance, the word is drivel, like saliva. You dribble a basketball. Nothing personal. I had to look it up myself.

#78089 - 07/20/04 12:22 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Thanks, taravb, for that great link. Mencey, I Robot is FANTASTIC! And thanks, gazpacho, for the correction. I knew I was wrong about something... wink And, Mongo, how odd that the words "liberal" or "conservative" are now insults. I thought they were merely directions on a political compass, no more. Who changed it? FOX, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'Rielly, Michael Moore, Hillary Clinton, Howard Stern? rolleyes

Somebody, kiss the ground in Spain for me--I don't get to visit this year.

#78090 - 07/20/04 03:02 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
aidance-I was speaking of the postings on this thread, not the world as a whole. I think when MadrdMan posted his "Rules for right wing conservatives" he meant it to be pejorative to specific people. Maybe not?

#78091 - 07/20/04 05:02 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

The funny thing is, I know he meant it as a pejorative, but I accept it as a compliment. I think we opened Padora's box when the Madridman started showing his political leanings. I kind of liked the unbiased moderator better, but I enjoy his opinions all the same.

Right or left, Madridman is always a good amigo.

#78092 - 07/20/04 09:18 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Mongo,

I think this thread indicated the limitations of a posting board, at least on hot political topics. When you can't hear the inflection of someones voice, or the look on their face - you can't tell how deep - or - personal - or light someone is presenting their views. My guess is, if we were sitting across the table from each other - much of the escalating acrimony would probably be avoided. And if not, at least know what basis - or foundation they're speaking from. Rather than stereotypes.

Fup

#78093 - 07/20/04 09:27 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GROUP HUG!!! wink hehehe...

Okay. I invite you all to go see Catwoman with me! Prrrrrow!! :p Phht! Phhht! Mmmmmm....... Hally Barry in vinyl. Hehehehe... wink

I want to apologize now for my categorization and generalization of "Right-Wing Conservatives" above. I wouldn't be surprised if "Left-Wing Liberals" practiced #1 and #2 (of my list. NOT the OTHER #1 & #2. you know.. Ahem! wink ) just as often. Some of the recent posts raised my temper(ature) and I reacted with more fire than forethought.

Peace, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78094 - 07/20/04 09:33 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Yoda man MM!

#78095 - 07/20/04 09:38 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Peace.

#78096 - 07/20/04 10:35 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
Hello , I've been reading all your posts, and I'm a little bit frustrated:
I'm really dissapointed that my english was so bad and I was not able to say all the things that I want.

I have to say that I'm a right wing person, I admire the values that are the basis of USA:
A strong sense of freedom and truth and capitalist economy.
Probably without the participation of the United States in the WW2 Europe would have become hell on earth (and for centuries). Millions of persons would had died, and the dictatorship would had smashed every part of our lifes.
And it not happened thanks to the sheded blood of a lot of kids in Normandia, Sicilia, etc...

Said all this ( and that listen Moore remember me sometimes that kind of person that hate his own country) there are some facts that nobody can refuse:

1.- There´s not massive destruction weapons in Irak ( U.K. army have recognized that).

2.- There was no links beetween Sadam Hussein and Al Qaeda- 9/11. (U.S.A independent congress comission have asserted that)

3.- The strongest links with the 9/11 terrorists are with Arabia Saudi and Pakistani intelligence ( the 2 most important Muslim allieds in Asia of Europe and USA).

4.- Prisioners have been tortured and killed in Irak by soldiers.

5.-Bush, Blair and Aznar have lied.

And I don´t like they told me lies, I´m not a monkey to say "Yes, yes" to all Mr.Aznar could say me only cause I agree with his economic decissions and with his good results.

I love USA people, but I don´t have to love the decissions of his president (and unfortunately Moore have a lot of land to work against Bush about Irak).
I only hope the situation don´t get worse.

Thanks for read my words.

Pippo

#78097 - 07/21/04 08:57 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Well, since Pippo’s post had nothing to do with Michael Moore’s new film, and is just an anti-Bush posting, I’m going to take this opportunity, by creating my own nonrelative post, and try and resolve something that has been bugging me lately.

That is, could someone,especially the Madridman, post a few specific reasons, I’ll give an example below, of why there is such utter hatred of the man. I mean, I don’t owe him money, and he doesn’t owe me money, but I don’t see anything the man has done to inspire such vehemence. Yeah, O.K., I got it, he’s a Republican and Republican’s are evil. He lied, well, he’s a politician, you know, souped up lawyer, whoa, what a revelation, first time for everything. And, of course, he started a war that, guess what, it’s not popular, as if there has ever been a popular war. This causes the left to foam at the mouth?

Okay, here’s an example of some specific reason’s I loathed the last president. I’m using it as an example of what I’m looking for as examples of why the left, or right, hates Bush. If someone could supply some specific reasons such as these, then maybe I could get it through my thick head about the utter hatred some feel for the man. Please don’t post things like Bush is Bin Laden in disguise or Bush is funding Al Quaeda, or whatever the conspiracy theory of the day is. Puh-lease.

1.) The last president could not arrange his sordid private affairs in such a way as to conduct business that protected this country.
2.) The last president sent a message to the rest of the world that the American people are so morally bankrupt, they could elect a leader that was just as morally bankrupt.
3.) The last president allowed his wife, an unelected official, to meddle with our medical system without any consent of the American people.

Now, unfortunately, the above reasons I couldn’t stand the last president are not based on a film full of half-truths and deceptions, or on FOX news, but well-documented public information. And, unfortunately, I didn’t have to see a movie to find out why I don’t like the last president. If someone could provide me with a similar list, perhaps I could understand the problem people seem to have with the current president. And please, try and be specific and don’t bother refuting my own reasons above, that will only make me bored. rolleyes

Please, I'm serious, just the hard facts is all I'm looking for, not rhetoric.

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments