Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21 >
Topic Options
#78078 - 07/19/04 08:07 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Shucks, I know I said I'd stay away - but charlost made a note to me personally:

furnapier...If you pretend that anybody read every link you write on the page you presume we have too much free time

I'm told to take a couple hours to see the movie - but you don't have a few minutes to see those that noted the inacuracies of this "op-ed" piece. So much for the left's desire to "ask questions" - "or opening your mind".

Me gone......again wink

Fup

#78079 - 07/19/04 09:35 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Charlost,

Irony is quite lost when it needs to be explained, but here goes.

The irony is that the Madridman assumed that since someone, such as you, actually watched the film, you could provide an opinion of it's content and not launch into hate-Bush speak. The problem is that most people who would spend their money to watch such trash, already have an anti-Bush agenda. Notice, especially you Charlost, who seem to miss words in these posts, such as will, and should, that I did say most people. So if you find some person that saw the film, who you are just convinced is not anti-Bush, after all there must be a few in Spain, don't beat me to death with it.

Now, I'm admittedly, not as smart as the Madridman, but any discussion about such a controversial film, particularly on this board, which is becoming too distubingly leftist for my taste, could turn into anything but a free-for-all hate-Bush jubilee. That is the irony.

#78080 - 07/19/04 11:40 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Thank you a million times, MadridMan. You have more energy than I, so I'm glad you continued the discussion. Fascinating that those arguing so vehemently against the movie haven't seen it. Heck, I watch Fox news every so often just to hear what dribble the right is listening to. True, I don't have to pay. But hey, maybe some of us should volunteer to pay the way for Fupanier and others to see the movie, so they don't have to contribute to the evil left. By the way, when I saw Fahrenheit 911 the entire audience applauded. This on a Tuesday morning in the heart of Republican territory. MadridMan, I send you a HUGE hug of appreciation for your posts.

#78081 - 07/19/04 11:44 PM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
aidance, you don't need to watch Fox--check out http://www.newshounds.us (their tag line is "we watch Fox so you don't have to")

#78082 - 07/20/04 12:14 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have been watching this thread and I must say I am a little disturbed. It is littered with the insults, inaccuracies, disingenuousness and just plain bullying that I associate with the political section and single digit posters.

Refering to a conservative this or a liberal that is shallow camouflage for the intended personal insult that is usually prohibited on this normally civilized site.

#78083 - 07/20/04 12:20 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Sooo....anybody see "I, Robot" starring Will Smith?

#78084 - 07/20/04 12:39 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Kudos Mencey, for the brilliantly executed release!

#78085 - 07/20/04 05:32 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ahem... I must admit that JUST before (same day) watching Fahrenheit 9/11 I saw Spider-Man 2. Not bad. I was suprised USAToday gave it a 4-out-of-4 Stars rating though. eek (ºF 9/11 got 3.5-out-of-4 Stars). We purposely saw these two movies in this order because we KNEW we'd HAVE to talk about ºF 9/11 after watching it instead of taking the "disturbed feelings" into Spider-Man 2. Would've been too much of a shock to the system. So we saw ºF 9/11 last and then talked about it over dinner...and... for the rest of the evening.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#78086 - 07/20/04 08:04 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Spider Man 2's great!......er......I hear.....I haven't seen it.....

Fup smile

#78087 - 07/20/04 09:18 AM Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 Your opinion!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan, I too would like to commend your bravery and the good-handling of this touchy issue on this thread. smile

Now, for someone who's stated that the US is a nation that the rest of us admire and envy, OK that might be true in some people's cases, but believe me -and sorry to burst your bubble-, it'd be quite hard to find a person in Europe who envies one thing, and that is having GWB as a president! Even before all this axis of evil innuendo of Bush', three years ago during a trip to Amsterdam, I was able to learn how well-liked the guy is in the 'Paises Bajos'! eek

For someone who has admitted to be disturbed (for all the leftist discussion going on), OK, put yourself in the shoes of the Spaniards who, every so often, have to read an amazing bunch of misconceptions, accusations, judgements regarding OUR system on this board (when the posters' own governments are less than perfect). Sometimes, it even gets to the point that no Spaniard would comment on something, and MMan or others would say: "OK, it looks like this topic doesn't interest the Spaniards much, or they don't have an opinion, since they're not posting anything....", when in fact that's not it! It actually might be quite the contrary, there'd be too many things to say, too many wrong notions to clarify on those existing threads, to deal with! and many times one simply doesn't have the time or energy....(I distinctly remember a thread about abortion in Spain a few months back....). I personally feel uncapable to express my thoughts or feelings for someone else's rulers in the hurtful way many do, no matter how jinxed I believe certain president to be (ooops, sorry!, eso se me ha escapado sin querer!!! My bad!) :o

And lastly, if Disney's decision to not distribute Moore's documentary was based on financial reasons (through Miramax)....wow! they must be hating to learn about all the profits it's making! rolleyes

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1609 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments