MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#77924 - 05/15/04 10:14 AM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Fupanier, fine post, but I feel like a devilishly, BAD girl this morning laugh laugh

Quote:
I wish the UN was more affective, but thy're not.
eek eek

Perhaps if we substitute an e for an a:
Quote:
I wish the UN was more effective, but thy're not.
I just can't envision those guys going around sharing their "love and affection" with the rest of us! laugh laugh

Back to being serious now...

However, I totally agree, their ineffectiveness is their hallmark. Ayn Rand pegged them right years ago, they are a bunch of money hungry, greddy, political "Ali Babbas". Quite frankly, why the heck do we continue feeding such an albatross is beyond me.

If anything, the root causes of the war in Iraq are embedded in the "FOOD FOR OIL" program in Iraq, and all of its hypocrisy and overweening greed! Remember the French insistence that "hell no we won't vote" attitude? Now we understand why. No high moral values involved here, but plain downright greed, greed, and more greed at the expense Iraqui suffering.

The U.N. was the one that perpetuated and strengthened the idea that Saddam Hussein had WMD all along. At least that is all Hans Blix talked about, right to the end.

#77925 - 05/15/04 12:44 PM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
People here need to actually read David Kay's report and not the New York Time's or Le Monde's spin on it. There were chemical and biological weapons programs ongoing in Iraq. There were no great stockpiles discovered (yet, remeber only 10% of that nation has been searched for such), but labs, reference strains of biological agents, stockpiles of chemical precursers, documentation on research and development programs that were intended to be 'hot-wired' to begin production on short notice (but were not actually producing at the time) and evidence of the transfer of materials and research to third countries (read:Syria) have all been documented. There were also production facilities for specialized rocket fuel that could only be used fro prohibited long-range SCUDS.

As for the "no 9/11" connection. Well, al Queda didn't have an embassy in Baghdad. But there is evidence that Iraqi intelligence had met with al Queda operatives (al Zawahri) and was interested in developing a working relationship with them. Then there are the persistant rumors that bin Laden sought medical treatment for his kidney ailments in Baghdad on several occasions. And the still unrebutted allegations that Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi agents in Europe in the summer of 2001. Then there is the general anti-American propaganda and hatred, whose chief proponents were Saddam and bin Laden. Sorry there is no definitive paper trail for you international lawyers out there who demand proof beyond a reasonable doubt, but were not in a courtroom here.

#77926 - 05/15/04 12:56 PM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
The chief proponents of anti-American propoganda and hatred are the classrooms in Saudi Arabia, where most of the hijackers came from. Gee, why didn't we invade there? rolleyes

#77927 - 05/15/04 01:01 PM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Ack! - Booklady, got me. I'm afraid that misspelled words are a hallmark of my posts - Shucks. wink

Good follow-up!

Kurt, I don't discount that there were NO WMD issues with Hussein. But you have to admit that we were excpecting large stockpiles - and we've had to adjust our expectations - - - no?

Fup

#77928 - 05/15/04 01:37 PM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Wolf, Booklady, Kurt, Fupanier,

Thanks a million. There have been some amusing posts from the other side. The left always attacks the messenger when they have no logical arguments against the message. "Who are you to..." always tickles me. I guess I have to be a member of the liberal elite or mouth their platitudes, to have an opinion. rolleyes But I'm a big boy and get a good laugh from being insulted by the like. No whining to the Madridman for me.

It seems that getting along takes presidence over using rationality in a discussion. No surprise there according to Ms. Rand.

Well, let's see now. There have been quite a few post that lean to the right by now. Yup, time for MM to shut this post down.

#77929 - 05/16/04 11:16 PM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
salamanca02 Offline

Loc: usa
well, obviously we are never going to come to an agreement... Its prob better to agree to disagree, we all think what we think...
Hasta pronto!

#77930 - 05/17/04 06:03 AM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I found a reliable source for Gazpacho!!!

Here it is!!!

#77931 - 05/17/04 06:21 AM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Just kidding. laugh

#77932 - 05/17/04 06:53 AM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
What's happened to: live and let live, and freedom of sp....feeling?
Chica can express, or not, all the apologies and/or embarrasment she wants, it's a personal thing. Of course, this goes without saying, that same right means all of you/us are entitled to comment on those very sentiments; however, if someone is precisely saying she's having a hard time over something, I don't think it necessary, nor very considerate, to carelessly criticize them and make remarks in such a patronizing way to make matters even worse.
I won't even get into the left-right, black or white, good or evil debate...... rolleyes

#77933 - 05/17/04 11:35 AM Re: Embarrassed and Ashamed
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ha Ha Asterault,

I love it. It was surely written for me. laugh Seriously though, I've read several books of this series and they are all pretty good.

Aidance,

In reference to your query as to why were not going after Saudi yet. Like my favorite computer game "Redneck Rampage" says...."One s***head at a time."

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments