Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#77609 - 01/11/04 02:13 AM Italy counterpart to MadridMan
Marianpo Offline

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
MadridMan's site made all the difference in my trip to Spain last March. We are going to Italy this year and wonder if MadridMan has one or more counterparts there that are even half as helpful.

#77610 - 01/11/04 10:10 AM Re: Italy counterpart to MadridMan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Great question, Marianpo. Hopefully some of the board members have some suggestions/links to get you started. Remember that there's always the LARGE and BROAD Western European Lonely Planet message board HERE . I used this quite a lot when planning for my canceled Greece trip. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#77611 - 01/11/04 10:24 AM Re: Italy counterpart to MadridMan
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
You may want to try In Italy's web site at http://www.initaly.com/ It's a different format, but you might find it helpful, with over 4000 pages of information. (I'm also planning to tour Italy this summer!)

#77612 - 01/12/04 05:35 AM Re: Italy counterpart to MadridMan
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
you could also try the travel section of Craig´s List . Although there are some wackos that participate, in general the people are really helpful. wink

#77613 - 01/14/04 01:10 PM Re: Italy counterpart to MadridMan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Marianpo, while I'm not a member on it, the Slow Travelers message board @ http://slowtalk.com/6/ubb.x has many different country and regional categories but the largest is the HUGE forum on Italy. It may well be the largest one online. AND they use the same software as here so you'll be able to navigate easily. If YOU happen to find others won't you please post the links here? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#77614 - 01/18/04 12:51 PM Re: Italy counterpart to MadridMan
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello Marianpo,
I remember writing about this not too long ago, hope it helps:

Quote:

Yes there is a wonderful site called the Virtual Tourist that is very similar to MM, but it encompasses all the world. when you join, you choose the forum you wish to participate. They have a wonderful Italy furum, whith specific forums on your favorite city, i.e., Rome, Pisa, Florence, etc.

It is extremely easy to use and very friendly as well. Lots of good information too, like MM. They are easily searched by location and they allow you to make your own personalized guidebook!

Also, they give you space for a small webpage of your travels!

It is recommended by National Geographic Traveler!
Ciao
Carmen

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments