Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#77499 - 12/19/03 09:10 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
When you read the analysis of your score, it is anti-american. Take the test and identify yourself as american. Take the test again, identify yourself as someone other than american. If you are "other than american" you are given words of support. If you are "american" you are critized for the politics of the government. The score is identical, but the analysis is very different.

It was a very fun test, but also mean spirited.

#77500 - 12/19/03 10:12 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
They can't still be sore about getting their butts kicked 200 years ago, could they? What does it mean to lose a war to a bunch of "Stupid Americans?" confused

#77501 - 12/19/03 10:57 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
laugh good one gazpacho!

#77502 - 12/19/03 03:20 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Thanks Chica. However when I get to thinking about it, this "Stupid American" is probably showing even more of his stupidity. I'm probably not aware that the European revisionist history that is unquestioned by a couple of members of this board, undoubtably demonstrates how America was "granted" it's independence by Great Britain.

#77503 - 12/19/03 04:26 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I've always gotten a kick out of that phrase, "for an American." It smacks of the old racist comments like, "You're pretty smart for a black person, Italian, German, or Mexican." In it's own little way political ideologies raises its ugly little head the same way racism and ethnic bashing does. I've often wondered if the same people who claim political superiority also don't believe in racial superiority. It kind of goes with the territory, don't you think?

Still, I don't believe the authors really intended it as more than a lame offering of satirical humor. I've seen enough British comedies to know they do things tongue-in-cheek. So... I enjoyed it.

Wolf

#77504 - 12/19/03 07:00 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
laugh I too enjoyed it, Wolf, for the very same reason you mentioned. It was a totally superficial test.

It did not measure cognitive skills, critical thinking skills, nor problem solving skills. That's the real giveaway that this was a silly test! laugh rolleyes

#77505 - 12/20/03 08:20 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
I will bet the person who designed the test and wrote the final analysis would be delighted to know he/she was getting such an emotional response from the quiz. The comments regarding Americans and our government was surely done to generate either anger or humor depending on which box you clicked. Their wish was granted.

#77506 - 12/21/03 12:17 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Ed, you have accurately described what their strategy was. But, isn't it darn sad that these obviously leftist European elite folks have to resort to a silly test to get their jollies?

They probably don't get dates on a Saturday night! laugh laugh laugh

#77507 - 12/24/03 11:04 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
Jake Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA
I scored 15 out of 20 on the first try, and 16 out of tweny later. It seems interesting to me that Americans are the ones that are seen as 'dumb.' I'm sure there are other cultures that this web site creator could pick on, but probably chooses the U.S. because we're strong, efficient, hard-working and don't take crap!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2966 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments