thetoro Offline

Loc: Madrid
http://www.netcartoon.net/naaas/doquiz.html

good quiz I had 15/20 and I'm not american :p

#77470 - 12/15/03 07:36 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Well, the stupid Americans are pretty stupid, but the smart ones are pretty smart. I did 15/20, but I know Adolph was an Austrian and missed it. What did I just prove? confused

#77471 - 12/15/03 08:23 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
eek
Ok boys, I got 17 out of 20... not bad for a girl! laugh wink

laugh Ok, guys, I did it again and got 19 out of 20
Quote:
You answered 19 questions correctly out of 20.
You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated... but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.
Hilarious! laugh laugh laugh

#77472 - 12/15/03 08:40 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Okay. I'll admit it. I'm one of the stupid ones. hehehe..
Quote:
You answered 9 questions correctly out of 20
You scored about the same as the average 10-year old in any country other than America. Your understanding of the world and its history is very poor. It is unlikely that you form many opinions of your own, and when you do, you probably soon bow to peer pressure. However, all is not lost - read a few books, visit some other countries, and you could one day become a reasoning human being.
rolleyes I did only slightly better the second time:
Quote:
You answered 13 questions correctly out of 20.
For an American, your knowledge of the world and its history is surprisingly good. About the same as the average school-age person in any other country. If you are at school, congratulations. If you are an adult, try harder. Read books, visit other countries, and watch less television. Learn to understand the world better and you could become an ambassador for your country, demonstrating that Americans are not all stupid.
I'd love to see what other, non-USA nationals are scoring on this thing. Man-o-Man! I'm Stupid!! I guess my college degree in science doesn't make me any smarter than those 10-year old non-USA'ins mentioned above. rolleyes I'd like to see ANY 10-year old get 5 of those 20 questions right. Oh-brother! Any non-USA'in have a 10 year old who could like to take this quiz and admit how they scored to give us some idea? Cute quiz, though.

Saludos, MadridMan :o

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#77473 - 12/15/03 11:24 PM Re: not all americans are stupid
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
okay... I'm a dumb American
but like most Americans I thought I was much smarter confused

#77474 - 12/16/03 04:05 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hmmm ...

Quote:
You answered 16 questions correctly out of 20.

A very good score. You obviously know a lot about the world and its history.
(Some of my guesses were lucky wink )

But I think I'll try it again and kid it that I'm an American so that I get more interesting feedback rolleyes

#77475 - 12/16/03 04:25 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I obtained 16 out of 20, both the two times. smile

I don't mind publicing it here. I could have said 20 or have tried again and again until I got a 20 for most of the questions were repeted.

I want to comment that:

- There is a difference between stupid (=dumb) and "lack of knowledge". A dumb will never be enlightened, a person that lacks knowledge may or may not fill the gaps.

- Nobody thinks americans are dumb but there is a certain agreement (I am not saying wether deserved or not, I can't tell) than most have a certain "lack of genaral culture" that's so important for understanding the world and it's politics and economics.

- Forum members are probably well upon the average level of the Americans, as the proposed website statistics prove, and also knowing the profile of MM members.

- The test is very biased towards american-related facts. Like the japanese emperor who surrendered (to America), like the dead with the nuke on hiroshima (by the Americans), like the capitals of Australia and New Zealand, anglosaxon, allied countries, and culturally near the USA (Why not Ucrania or Tibet?), and so on , like opercentages of obese americans, like first man in the space, like some questions on plays by english (common history with the origin of América) writers like the Bronte or William Shakespeare and Wordsworth...

Then, there are also some matters that some may consider "culture", others just a trivia, like "who painted such painting", that are obviously included also to make all a little bit more homogeneous through having some strange questions that only real fans know (like: "Who won the superbowl in 1977?"), in order to make it more difficult to get a 20.

#77476 - 12/16/03 04:58 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I got 18 out of 20 and one that I missed was the question on former name of Iraq, I didn't get credit for Babylon, I wonder why not, don't the authors of the quiz know that Iraq covers the area Babylon covered? A number of the questions are actually quite difficult even for a well educated citizen of the world!

#77477 - 12/16/03 05:20 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Babylon was a city, Babylonia was the kingdom. smile

Irak is most of what used to be Persia in the past.

#77478 - 12/16/03 08:08 AM Re: not all americans are stupid
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I was recently admitted to MENSA, and only scored 13/20. Thought I was a better test taker.... maybe I will take the advice to travel the world more!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2429 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments