Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >
Topic Options
#77157 - 09/11/01 03:18 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Dear Wolfgang81, group, and world,
What can we say or do to make a difference? How can we allow a few fanatics to alter the course of our otherwise happy lives? It's a shocking, horrifying event which has taken place in the USA. EVERYONE is touched by this and MOST know someone or at least knows someone who KNOWS someone who lost their lives in the WTC or in the Pentagon.

I was released from work today before noon as my and many other government offices were closed in Columbus, Ohio, USA. I walked outside to absolute gridlock, and had to walk a couple miles to my car to get home, all the while hearing people's comments as well as some surprisingly laughing about it (maybe in nervousness), replaying in my mind the LIVE television coverage of the second tower collapsing, and wondering about all those divided families and friends.

The country stands still. Onlookers imagine the great loss of life, not really understanding the scope or degree to which the USA has been attacked and if it can or will happen again someday soon.

My thoughts go to those who are involved in this great tragedy. How sad. How very sad.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#77158 - 09/11/01 03:21 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
aphra Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
I live in Brooklyn, close enough to the WTC that debris from the attack is falling on my neighborhood. Just now I left my apartment for the first time today and walked out onto my block. The first person I saw was the Palestinian owner of the small grocery on my block. Without a word, he walked up to me and put his arms around me and the two of us just had a long embrace. He is not rejoicing today with them. He is grieving today with us.

Of course, there is tremendous anger toward the entire Arab world in the wake of these events. It is easy to take the hatred aimed at us this awful morning and turn it on the Arab people as a single unit. I urge everyone not to do this. If you allow the murderers who did this to turn your heart and mind to hate, you will have surrendered to them. You will have given them a sense of victory. And you will have joined them in learning to think of people not as human beings, as men, women, and children, but as a great faceless enemy. Please, deny them what they would consider another victory and remember that there is good and evil to be found in every people on Earth.

#77159 - 09/11/01 03:48 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
My condolences to all the victims of this terrific attack. I can not believe, I can not understand, I have no words...

There is no justification to the terrorism, there is no explanation and now I can only say that terrorism, wars and another kind of stupid violence must be terminated.

As ever thousands of innocent people has died. Now I remember the discussion with Ignacio: ETA, IRA, HAMAS, it´s the same, a F**** **** that must dissapear NOW. World needs peace with NO CONDITIONS.

#77160 - 09/11/01 04:30 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear billi Ski and Wolfgang81 and fellow friends in New York and Maryland,

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your families during such a difficult and very sad time.

This is truly a very sad day for all people not just Americans. We are diminished by this loss.

#77161 - 09/11/01 04:30 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
connie Offline

It is a terrifying and shocking moment for the entire world, I cannot think about anything else and I still cannot believe these pictures are reality.
I am still waiting for news from friends who work in Manhattan. I guess this is indeed the time for prayers. My heart and thoughts are with those who lost their lifes by the dreadful attacks, and with their friends and relatives.

#77162 - 09/11/01 05:09 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
My heart and prayers are with the families of those that died today. Wolf, I don't know your son and didn't know his girlfriend or friends, but I wish him all the love and support our little community can offer. What a profoundly sad day.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Nicole ]

#77163 - 09/11/01 05:50 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Tia Offline

It´s hard to find words. I want to express my sympathies with all the people, American or any other nationality, affected by this indescribable tragedy. My thoughts are especially with you, Wolf, at this moment of sorrow and dispair. I wish you strength to go through the suffering and to support those nearest and dearest to you.

#77164 - 09/11/01 06:47 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
manuel60 Offline

Loc: Sevilla
I usually read the comments on this web site. Today I log in madridman.com to express my condolences to the families of those that died and to the American people.

manuel60. Sevilla. Spain

#77165 - 09/11/01 06:50 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
My God, Wolf, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your son. I missed your posting earlier, and somehow now what 'could have been' or what 'may have' happened to myself or my family in our world isn't as hideous or freightening as what is the reality your son and your family is experiencing at this very moment.

May God bless them and please know that we are praying for them.

#77166 - 09/11/01 08:02 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Wolf my heartfelt condolences to you and your son, and Billy too, we are all praying for everyone's loved ones. My work (a bank in a mall about 1 hour from NYC) was closed early, the whole mall was eerily silent. And Skyline Drive, the main road in my town so named for the view of the NYC skyline, is never going to mean the same thing. They just announced on ABC the 1st estimate of casualties: 200 of the first 400 firefighters on the scene are dead or missing, and 78 police. Dear God.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Majesty318 ]

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2058 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments