Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#77277 - 10/12/01 03:35 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Madridman - I think you should close this topic!!! People cant giv e their opinions on this subject,on the posts I have given then , I have been attacked for them!!

#77278 - 10/12/01 10:10 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Jaime Offline

Ya, I'm familiar with the difference between the North and the South of Ireland. I think there is also a difference between NY/ Washington D.C. and where I'm from in the Midwest. My point was is that while terrorism doesn't always directly cover every point of a country, it affects everybody. As far as my previous post, I was simply responding to your post and it wasn't a personal attack against you.

#77279 - 10/12/01 10:25 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
beckham Offline

Jamie- no hassle!! I am refraining from posting anything more on this topic! I seem to get in a lot of hot water with this - I never mean any offence but then people's perception of what I write is different! must go check and see if anybody replied anything moreto my posting of the Hostal Biarritz!!

#77280 - 10/12/01 12:43 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Beckham,

Let's see, you called American and British troops cowards, indicated that the U.S. is a third world nation incapable of dealing with the problem of terrorism, and said you wouldn't come to the U.S. because it was an "unsafe nation."

When someone took you to task over it, you asked MadridMan to "shut down the thread," so you wouldn't be put on a spot. I'm trying to figure out what principle allows you to be rude, and not be criticized for it. Is that something "special?"

I'm not certain what self-righteous belief you have, but rest assured, it doesn't play well on the streets of NYC, or any part of America. Please! Don't come here! Go somewhere where you'll fit in better. Like Baghdad, or Kabul.

Wolf

#77281 - 10/12/01 03:02 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Beckham:

I have friends and/or family in every branch of the US armed services, and let me assure you that each of them are fully committed to giving their all, even at the cost of their lives, to protect this nation and its people, and for that matter YOUR nation and its people. I am sure that the memebers of the UK Royal Navy, Air Force and Army feel the same way. You think that Muslim fanantics willing do die (by hijacking civilian airliners, destroying office buildings on a Tuesday morning, or mailing germ-infested envelopes to unsepecting mailroom clerks, etc.) is "heroic"? I'm with Wolf- Stay Home! Gen. George Patton said it best: No one won a war by dieing for their country, they won it by making the enemy die for his country. If the enemy has individuals who are willing to die to further their perverted agenda, so be it, they will be accomadated. But the soldiers, sailors and airmen of the free world are more interested in living and winning. God Bless them all.

Say what you like Beckham, its your right as a member of the free world, but don't disparage the ones who are willing to die to protect your freedom. And don't be suprised when others call you on your rather obnoxious opinions.

#77282 - 10/12/01 03:38 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
MadridMan's Policy: Threads will only be closed if:
  • the topic strays too far from the thread title
  • members become nasty, insulting, or generally offensive
  • the topic gets too "hot"
While I believe in Free Speech to a point (just ask Ignacio), let's remember that MadridMan's Spain Message Board is mainly intended for Spain travel-related discussions, but we all agree this topic really does affect us all and IS a VERY sensitive and passionate topic.

(And in my best "Latka" voice from the "TAXI" TV show,...) Thank you very much. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#77283 - 10/12/01 08:55 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Beckam: No Comment! Ski mad

#77284 - 10/15/01 03:41 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
beckham Offline

Wolfgang - where did you see the word coward in my thread?I will be interested to see you copy that exact word from own thread? I am fully aware that men join the army with the full knowledge that they could die, my father served in the Congo with the Irish forces and he was only 16, relatvies in the Army is not alien to me - I was speaking about ordinary people and the extremes they will go to- I am entitled to say that I wouldn't like to visit the US- and many people I know said so they wouldn't as well- even many americans are afraid to fly for God's sake. the part about the " shutting down of the thread" I feel that this is a subject I will never speak about withANY american either online or face to face as I feel that they will be insulted/offended by ANYTHING you say.In my last past I said that you " seem to be making progress in the bombing of Afghanistan" is that not like a compliment or do all view that as insulting?I also said that I feel that the events of sept 11th would probably happen again somewhere, and I hope that not! what is so insulting about that - please somebody reply???
Kurt - Please explain your comment of I think that hijacking airliners is heroic? what did I post that gave you that impression? my aplogies if it came across that way but I have spent the last hour looking at my post and looking to see where I might have given you that impression. You also said " say what you like" I have and look what happened!
I know that you all think bad of me and if you do thats your buisness - I want to say this if I was into insulting American people and thinking what happened is somewhat
" heroic " on the bombers behalf , well then I am such an idiot for giving some of my wages to the relief efforts in NY , I do care what happened, I did what I could, I dont even live in NY, I dont even know anybody that has lived there.
Madridman - I am unsure about the point of the TAXI TV Show?? who is Latka ? I have never heard of this- I can only guess at this moment, after the theme of the last few threads to me that it is some sort of insult wrong? right?!!!

#77285 - 10/15/01 05:51 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Beckham,

Quote:
Your exact words were... "USA seem to be making progress in their bombing of Afghanistan, just breaking news - 100 civilians reported killed -

If that isn't an insulting statement, you either lack any knowledge of English or can't understand your own contempt it shows.

Quote:
my view on America has changed, I had always wished to visit there, but I won't be going there. I think the USA will never be safe again -

You really must get a better grip on your own fear. We'll get along fine without you ever stepping foot on our soil.

Quote:
I think a new generation of Muslims will emerge and carry on the work of Bin Laden in the future, its a known fact many many nuslims will die for there country, american/english soldiers wont! thats scary!

You really better learn to read what you write. You don't even understand how abrasive you really are. The thought that soldiers from our nations won't fight is calling them cowards... regardless of your inane attempt to gloss over what you said.

Wolf (Who doesn't believe for a heartbeat that you represent the heart, spirit, and resolve of the Irish people. I prefer to believe you're an anomoly.)

#77286 - 10/15/01 06:35 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
beckham Offline

I better get a grip on my own fear? ha don't make me laugh, half of America wont even get on a plane!! is that paranoia or what? even this morning a flight had to be diverted because a few parnoid people
thought that two men saying there a prayer were going to kill them all!
quote "Delta Air Lines flight was diverted to Charlotte, North Carolina, after passengers mistook prayers being said by two Orthodox Jews on board as a terrorist threat"
You say that you will all get along better without me stepping foot on your soil, maybe so...and for the last time there is no mention of soldiers in my thread!
Also how dare you say that I dont "represent the heart, spirit, and resolve of the Irish people". In fact most people that I know are sick to their teeth of the war on America and george bush and I have spent the last 9 months with spanish friends of mine who in conversation say that they detest american people , a fact I was shocked at, I asked them why do they hate them and the repsonse? we just do - one said " Americans are stupid people" I said that that was awful, hating a counrty just beacuse you do and without reason!!! I dont need to gloss over what I said, I am not scared of the response I got,maybe its time for me to stay nuetral and have no opinion? if you think that my post were offensive( once again not meant to be)you should hear what the thoughts ( and jokes! extra story here my god i sat in a pub last night while people laughed there as*s off at " new york are getting a new mayor, really, yeah Barney Rubble! I was the only person that did not find that funny out of respect of the people that died ) of the people i have come in contact with in my work, home life, on the bus!! etc and they are of Engligh, Spanish and Irish ( I am ashamed to say )nationality.

Page 14 of 17 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments