Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
Topic Options
#77147 - 09/11/01 10:00 AM Terrorist attacks in the USA
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
My God!!!!!!!

I can't believe what I'm seeing... This is absolutely savage.

I can only say that we are with you and with the victims frown

I'm really scared of what is going to come. Please don't lead us all to the World War III frown

Fernando

#77148 - 09/11/01 11:16 AM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
i was cleaning my house today and when i was done i turned on the t.v. and lit my cigarette only to find the most amazing thing i thought i could ever see that was not in a movie. The pentagon, twin towers and so forth detroyed on fire, new york being evacuated, complete national emergency. my friends began to call me to see how i was, i was so shaken and nervous i had to go for a walk outide. i hear all the televisions in all the cafeteria´s and restaurants with the same thing on. i came here to the internet cafe to calm down, i don´t want to sit in front of the television watching this. All the stock markets have fallen in europe, no one can leave nor enter the united states, this is amazing, i am so nervous, i am so far away from everyone and everything and my country is under attack.

#77149 - 09/11/01 12:21 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Dear Friends: You can only imagine the feeling of helplessness and despair that we are feeling here in NY. I live outside of Manhattan but can see clearly where the World Trade Center used to be. The smoke is unbelievable. My older son is a NYC Fireman & left immediately for NYC. My younger son is in The US Army Reserves & awaiting instructions. My nephews & niece are NYC Cops & are on duty in the City. I wish I could help but all i can do is pray for the injured & the dead. I put on the TV this morning which is totally unusual for me and all hell was breaking loose. I was scheduled to go to NYC Opera tonight for opening night but you can forget that. I have to go & see if there is anything to do for the common man except pray. Sincerely Ski frown

#77150 - 09/11/01 12:51 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I've just heard about the terrorist attacks. It's so horrible! I just wanted to say that I'm with you in these terrible times. My thoughts are with those who are suffering now these brutal and coward terrorism.

#77151 - 09/11/01 12:59 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Billy,

I know how you must feel. I pray for your family who is in harm's way, and pray that all will be fine.

My son lost his girlfriend who was on the 84th floor of the first tower hit. There was no way they could have been evacuated. He also lost several friends on that same floor.

On Saturday, ten young men played softball together in Central Park. Next Saturday, they won't play. Only three of them are still alive.

Wolf

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Wolfgang81 ]

#77152 - 09/11/01 01:27 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I'm so sad for what has happened. I've been watching TV for 6 hours by now.

Just wanted to say that I'm with you and your victims.

Fernando

#77153 - 09/11/01 01:29 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
No words can express the horror we are seeing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

#77154 - 09/11/01 01:34 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
To Wolf and all,

What a horrendous tragedy! What an atrocity! I am so sorry for your loss(es). My thoughts are with you. I have called friends here in the Bay Area with family or business in NYC. Fortunately, all are well. But I continue to wonder about those killed on the flight headed to SFO. And I grieve.

#77155 - 09/11/01 01:49 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
nevado Offline

We are all in disbelief and shock. I was awoken by the news (I'm in the Pacific) and am awaiting instructions. My thoughts are with the nation and its people. This is too difficult to digest at this moment.

#77156 - 09/11/01 02:18 PM Re: Terrorist attacks in the USA
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
This is the most horrendous thing I have ever seen. I heard about this here at work, and I just can't even focus on what I'm supposed to be doing. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is missing/hurt/lost in the destruction.

Personally, I was supposed to go into the city tonight to see a show, now I am just going to go home and thank God my family is ok. My sister works for the Department of Defense and was evacuated-it took her much longer to get home, but at least she, my nephews, and brother-in-law made it.

Let's all hope this madness is over and that we can all come out of this ok. And pray that this does not erupt into another World War.

GranadaGirl

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments