Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Topic Options
#77135 - 10/12/03 12:54 PM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Yes Booklady,

It was a rhetorical question, but I love it when rhetorical questions are answered. I posted the message in response to Ignacio's complaint about having to spend so much time researching for an answer to our questions. I've seen enough articles from him, so that I am satisfied that there are writers in Europe that oppose the U.S.'s actions in Iraq. I hope he doesn't feel it necessary, in reponding to this thread, to belabor himself with researching articles trying to prove that his opinions are more than just opinions. I'll freely and proudly concede to him that what I post here, are pure opinions.
My opinions are the opinions of a free-thinking person with no agenda. I love Spain, love Europe, know they have made very good, and very bad choices in history. So what? A country is not good or evil. Only individual's are. I can't see how anyone can compare the acts a country has to perform distasteful acts in order to secure it's survival, with the maniacal acts of people such as Saddam, Hitler, Stalin...etc. Come on! I don't even feel, though I suppose that Ignacio would, that Franco was even close to being a member of the above monsters.
As for even considering I'd accuse you of plagierism..How could I? You've always clearly given credit to your sources. And as I've said, I certainly enjoy your articles. When I read Ignacio's articles, it's like nails on a chalkboard, but I find it amusing that people, especially educated poeople, can reach such conclusions. When I was going to college, I also remember for our research papers, we must quote from authorities. But I see this thread as a battle of ideas, and, I will never let my enemy choose the site of the battle.
In short, I was merely inviting Ignacio to explain more clearly, without using sources, why he feels the U.S.'s policy in Iraq are so evil.

#77136 - 10/12/03 07:14 PM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
Anonymous
Unregistered

mickey:

I was joking, man! Since I couldn't give you the recipe, I just made a joke on "palmeras". smile

Palma=Palmera:

palmera.
(De palma).
1. f. Árbol de la familia de las Palmas, que crece hasta 20 m de altura, con tronco áspero, cilíndrico y de unos 3 dm de diámetro, copa sin ramas y formada por las hojas, que son pecioladas, de 3 a 4 m de largo, con el nervio central recio, leñoso, de sección triangular y partidas en muchas lacinias, duras, correosas, puntiagudas, de unos 30 cm de largo y 2 de ancho; flores amarillentas, dioicas, y por fruto los dátiles, en grandes racimos que penden a los lados del tronco, debajo de las hojas.
2. f. Pastel de hojaldre con forma de palmera.

Dicionario R.A.E.

#77137 - 10/13/03 01:48 PM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Ignacio
I have just had a look at the last posts and found your request for me to help you. If you check my opening post, you`ll notice how FED UP I am on this matter. Along this passing year, I have posted tons of material on this issue, and frankly, I have come to the conclusion that it is hopeless. You can`t convince people when they have come to believe, for some reason I don`t understand, that their self-esteem and their sanity rests on the belief that their government, always, takes political decissions for ethical reasons, that "fair invasions" exist and that in one word, God is on our side.
You can check "This damned war (and coming to Spain)" at http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000094&p=
You can see "Bowling for Columbine" at
http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000099&p=
Or you can read the endless, stubborn, epical battle at "War on Iraq is pointless"
http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000072&p=

Wolf,
I can`t imagine anything as silly as a demonstration against a terrorist group. You don`t demonstrate against terrorists, you catch them, judge them and lock them. (No, concentration camps without trial are not an option either, bad news for Guantanamo). As to Al-Qaida, I wonder if they exist, they are puppets in the hands of Western secret services, or they are simply some sort of Bogey man tale.

#77138 - 10/13/03 08:35 PM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cristobo,

Now Al Qaeda is an "American fantasy?" Really now! Do you have an inkling as to how sophomoric that statement is? Rant on. rolleyes

Wolf

#77139 - 10/14/03 07:37 AM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
mikey Offline

Loc: ny
Isn't it much better when we talk about palmeras?

#77140 - 10/14/03 10:08 AM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Only if Palmeras are an American fantasy!!! My sanity and self-esteem are crumbling! And what's worse, Rush is a pill-popping dopehead. Woe is me.

#77141 - 10/14/03 05:00 PM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
cool Palmeritas! Something we can all agree!

#77142 - 10/22/03 05:40 AM Re: Do you remember, months ago, a certain issue on Irak?
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
creo sinceramente que USa debe tener mas respeto por el resto delmundo y el resto del mundo valorar los esfuerzos de USA en la historia.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2037 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments