Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7709 - 01/13/05 06:32 AM arriving in Sevilla on Good Friday...
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
am I mad? 1. will it be possible to get around or out of the city that day? (i arrive at midday). i have done a search for sevilla-semana santa topics and i take it as given that i should start looking now for accommodation.

Does Sevilla quieten down between Semana Santa and the Feria? ie will I be able to find somewhere to stay from the ten days beginning 29 march?

What is Semana Santa like in Cordoba and Cadiz? I wouldn´t mind seeing some processions and stuff but as I have seen it before (in Granada) I´m more interested in getting somewhere decent to stay at a reasonable price.

#7710 - 01/13/05 07:23 AM Re: arriving in Sevilla on Good Friday...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Hip Priest!
Wow. Arriving in Sevilla on Good Friday, eh? Wow. eek It will be difficult to find ANYTHING at this point and most likely that which you MIGHT find will be double the regular rate.

You might have to stay at one of the nearby towns and bus/drive in for the processions. You probably found previous topics on this already.

Regarding processions in Sevilla, Córdoba, etcetera, try a search of the "About Spain" category and I'm sure you'll find some there including my own about Sevilla and Córdoba.

Best of luck finding lodging in Sevilla! It'll be A LITTLE easier in Granada and Córdoba but still challenging. ANYWHERE in Andalucía is "the place to be" for MANY MANY Spaniards from throughout Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7711 - 01/18/05 10:29 AM Re: arriving in Sevilla on Good Friday...
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Were you going to try to find accomodation once you got there? That's going to be tough! Cadiz has a good semana santa as well and you can also pretty much ignore it with the beach if you want to, Jerez has a very interesting Semana Santa, the third largest in Andalucia though most people arent aware of it, also of real interest to the visitor...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments