Hi Bill from NYC! I HAD forgotten that link of "Segovia vs Toledo" but that's in the "Favorite Places" forum category and we'd like to have the hotel recommendations/reviews here in the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum category.

We spent one night (last Sunday night) at the Hotel Pintor El Greco . It's a nice, 3-star hotel located very close to the House/Museum of El Greco very close to the Tajo River. We'd requested and received a cama de matrimonio overlooking the central patio inside/below. The patio is spacious and useable with benches, vegetation, and a small fountain in the middle (but I don't remember that the fountain was turned on). The room was big and came complete with a small TV, phone, and an average size bathroom. The air conditioning worked very very well and had modern controls. The room was clean and tidy and came with sweets next to the bed, a bathroom-basket with all the necessities, and some booklets/pamphlets about about the hotel and other hotels in their chain. There was also a big, hard-cover photo book about Castilla. Very nice details for this room.

We slept well on the comfortable, big bed until about 7:45am when the adjacent construction project started - renovation of a house/building. The breakfast (not included in our 56 Euro price - I.V.A. not included - "Last Minute Price" - regular price, I believe, was 75 Euros) was fair size and included cereals, lots of different meats, cheeses, sweet rolls, bread rolls, yogurts, fruits, juices, coffee, toast, etcetera. I recall the breakfast cost 7 Euros per person.

The staff was friendly and nice. The reception area was sizeable. There is an underground parking garage just outside the front door - 12 Euros per day, I think. We parked on the street and then fed the parking meter the next morning.

The location was good but not as "centrally located" as I would've liked but, still, everything is walkable within the walls of Toledo. My knees hurt a bit the next morning after going up/down all those cobblestone streets.

So yes, I can recommend Hotel Pintor El Greco: http://www.Hotel-PintorElGreco.com

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog