MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7668 - 12/31/04 02:49 PM Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I will be staying in Madrid for eight days in late February and I planning to do days trips to Toledo and Salamanca. To fully enjoy these cities I will spend the night. Do you think it is smart idea not to have hotel reservations, but drop by the tourist office and find a room for the night? The only reason I am not making the hotel arrangements now, is that I do not know which days while in Madrid, I going to do these trips to these cities.

Looking forward from my first trip to Spain. smile

Thanks
Bill

#7669 - 01/01/05 02:36 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
Quevedo Offline

Bill, as long as you are not going to one of these two cities during tourist season, your plan is probably just fine. I think it would make sense to ask around or look in a guide book for 2 or 3 choices before you go. I have always had luck just going and finding a room while I was there.

#7670 - 01/13/05 04:08 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Yes Febuary should be pretty safe without reservations. Not sure what your tastes are but try Hotel Real or Hotel Sol (in Toledo) which are decent hotels for not too much $$ and are nicely located just inside the walls of the old city.

#7671 - 01/15/05 06:13 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
tam12 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I am thinking about the same plan for March. After you get back would you post the results of your play it by ear plan. Also your comments about where you stayed would be useful.

#7672 - 01/18/05 01:04 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

tam12

I will be back on March 6, I hope that is enough time to post a review for you.

Bill

#7673 - 01/19/05 09:42 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
tam12 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Bill,
We are leaving March 7 so will check before we leave to see if you posted any notes on this or other items of interest.
It will be our first time to Spain as well. I'm looking forward to it.
tam12

#7674 - 06/10/06 05:57 AM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Bill from NYC, where did you finally stay in Toledo (and Salamanca)? I'm spending one night in Toledo tomorrow night (Sunday) and will post my reviews here in your thread upon returning on Monday or Tuesday. I've narrowed it to a few but am having some trouble finding A) ANYTHING available and B) a room with a "cama de matrimonio" (i.e. double bed).

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7675 - 06/10/06 10:04 AM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

MadridMan,

Have you looked into Hotel Carlos V ? I stayed there twice and really liked it. The location is ideal and the dining room, where the breakfast is served is in the Moorish style. Buena suerte! And hope you have a magical time in Toledo. Being there at night is very special. smile

#7676 - 06/10/06 04:47 PM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
esperanza, thanks for the suggestion of Hotel Carlos V (3-stars). I'd narrowed it down to this one and to Hotel Pintor El Greco (3-stars) and finally decided on the latter. The former never replied to my email to whether or not they had double rooms with camas de matrimonio.

Hotel Carlos V did, however, have a good "Last Minute Special" of 75 Euros (breakfast not included) for the one night. Hotel Pintor El Greco DID reply and told me they DID have a cama de matrimonio so I booked through them and got a "Last Minute Special" for 56 Euros. Hotel Carlos V, in my opinion, is a bit more centrally located (next to the Alcázar) than Hotel Pintor El Greco (next to the Museum/House of El Greco just near the Tajo River.

I'll let you all know of my experience. That is to say, my REVIEW of the hotel. wink Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7677 - 06/13/06 08:38 AM Re: Toledo and Salamanca for the Night
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

MadridMan

Have you forgotten this topic Segovia vs Toledo

If I stay in over night in Toledo, it would have been foolish of me! laugh

The place I stay in Salamanca was Hotel Don Juan Hotel Don Juan and that was for one night. No complaints from me and the location is a two minutes walk to Plaza Mayor. thumbsup

The place was recommended in Rick Steves Spain 2005 guidebook.

The reason I did not write a review is because I did not stay long enough to really get a feel of the place.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments