Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7643 - 12/28/04 11:03 PM Madrid Hostal Adriano elevator report?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Mongo....

We are breathlessly awaiting your elevator report on Hostal Adriano .

And if you want to add some details regarding the glorious foods and wines that you have quaffed, that too would be received joyously.

#7644 - 01/01/05 07:51 PM Re: Madrid Hostal Adriano elevator report?
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Hola GoMadarid

This Epaulino on behalf of Matt, who may be too busy at the moment in Minneapolis.

Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!

I just got news from Alberto that the elevator is "a realidad". They faced challenges, but succeeded! The installation work will continue and we will have an elevator running in no time.

After an elevator is installed, we loyal customers will celebrate with them. A party for the Hostal Adriano's fan. What about that!

Muchos saludos

Elvira

#7645 - 01/01/05 11:15 PM Re: Madrid Hostal Adriano elevator report?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Sorry Lee, I missed your post and was beaten to the punch by Epaulino4. When I was there in December they had the elevator frame up to the 3rd floor, so it will probably be quick work to finish.

Of course I had some great food and wine, mostly the usual tapas at the usual places.

I was introduced to a new restaurant where I ate twice, "Galopin" (Caballero de Gracia, 22-just south of Grand Via). It is a sidreria and they start you off with a glass of cider and some chistorra. The salads are a high point, both imaginative and featuring high quality ingredients. One I had contained bacalao, mesclun, dried apples and a dressing made from cider vinegar. The "platos" are traditional and feature plenty of fresh seafood. I got my fill of bacalao, which I am finding harder to find these days. They have several half bottles of wine on the list which is nice when your dining companion is eating a different meat than you are.The desserts are good, the service is excellent and the prices are somewhere in the middle. The only drawback I saw was when a large group came in, the kitchen fans were a bit overwhelmed and the dining became a bit smokey. Make a reservation for the table in the window if you can!

I would also recommend that anyone looking for a unique, albeit expensive experience have a drink in the rotunda bar of the Palace Hotel. For 17 Euros (per drink!) you are entitled to about 100 square feet of the most beautiful indoor real estate in Madrid, for as long as you care to sit. You get your own Oriental rug, couch, chairs, table, a large bowl of mixed nuts (no peanuts) and the largest olives I have ever seen! After paying 10 euros and more for a cocktail, just to stand and sweat in the crowds of some of the more popular clubs, it is a bargain! It kind of reminded me of flying first class.

#7646 - 01/03/05 11:34 AM Re: Madrid Hostal Adriano elevator report?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Happy New Year Epaulino and Mongo.

Thank you for the report. Certainly the elevator will be in and working by my next visit to Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments