Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#76372 - 03/04/03 12:18 PM New Teachers Forum Proposed!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How many teachers/educators do we have on the message board? Please make yourself known. smile

Before I create a new Teachers Category I'd like to know if it could sustain itself.

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

1) Would this only be for Spanish teachers or ANY teacher?

2) Should it go in the Spain-Related categories or in the Non-Spain category?

TEACHERS! LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!! Response to this thread could decide the fate of a proposed new category JUST for YOU!! (But of course, ANYONE can participate.)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#76373 - 03/04/03 12:42 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
nevado Offline

What a good idea, count me in!

#76374 - 03/04/03 01:10 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
smile Yes, Madridman! Count me in! I think it is a great idea!

#76375 - 03/04/03 03:52 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I think it's a good idea.

For the questions:

#1: I hope it would be open to all teachers, although I understand that most will be Spanish teachers.

#2: I'd also like to see it in the Non-Spain category, so we could expand on our topics. There are so many things we teachers like to discuss...

I look forward to wonderful discussions if this category is opened. I already enjoy the opinions and wisdom of the members who participate throughout the board. As a teacher I sometimes look for other message boards I might grow to like as much as this one, but I haven't found one yet. I hope this new category becomes a reality!

#76376 - 03/04/03 05:08 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
...and rule #3: No griping about your problem students! wink Let's share lessons, resource sources and teaching ideas. I'm in! smile

#76377 - 03/04/03 07:56 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Madridman, this would be an excellent service for those of us in education at all levels. I believe that we run the gamut from k-12, community colleges and university teachers amongst us!

I agree with Diana, and ethically with Cali.
wink

#76378 - 03/04/03 08:04 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Okay... that's 5 members so far: nevado, esperanza, Diana, CaliBasco, Booklady. I think we need to do better than this. Any other teachers reading this?? Our newest member Pau in Louisiana is also a teacher. Maybe (s)he'll have some input.

Let's let the thread "mature" to a ripe-old-age of one week and let everyone have a chance to chime in before a decision is made. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#76379 - 03/04/03 09:43 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I'm in--though because I don't teach Spanish, I would prefer to have a general "non-Spain" category heading.

Does anyone think there might be too much overlap with "about Spain," "studying, education, and language," or any other category, though?

#76380 - 03/04/03 10:51 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

taravb, this was my concern too. For this reason, I had "expanded" the "Studying In Spain" forum to include "Education & Language" but I suppose that was narrowing it to Spain-related discussion.

SHOULD this message board have a forum for teachers who aren't talking about Spain? Why not a forum about muscle cars too? Not to offend but I'm trying to put it in perspective.

Are there other discussion/message boards on the internet for teachers to discuss anything/everyting relative to teaching? Maybe I should start one of these? I suppose it would be easy to do but... how would people find it in the first place?

Saludos, MadridMan

#76381 - 03/04/03 11:22 PM Re: New Teachers Forum Proposed!
Gloria_dup1 Offline

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
Hello Everyone,

I proposed this forum specifically for teachers traveling to Spain with groups. We have certain needs and requirements for teenagers that the other forums don't always fit. I know lots of teachers who do not use the travel companies and need help planning their own trips. We need to know things like what restaurants will acommodate groups, how to take your own group to Toledo instead of paying 40 euros to Julia or another company, etc. I'm sure there are lots of teachers with good ideas for things to do in Madrid as well as other places in Spain. Others are novices in Madrid and just need support and advice. I think the language forum is a good place for other teacher topics like where to buy posters and how to get your students to study certain things. There are other forums that are good for this such as FLTEACH but I have not found one strictly for teachers traveling with their students to Spain.

I have shared several tips with other teachers on the board and that is how this idea occured to me. How about it? A forum called "Group travel with students"

Gloria

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1932 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments