Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#76103 - 01/04/03 02:10 AM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT????!!!?!?!!?!? WE BEAT MIAMI!!!!!! WE BEAT THE GODS OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!

WOW!! What a nail-biter that was!!!! Back and forth, all those 4th downs, double overtime, stripped balls, interceptions, questionable calls, missed field goals, the works. Wow. I have to pinch myself to believe this REALLY happened. National Champions of college football. Wow. Never in my wildest dreams did I think OSU would/could go undefeated AND beat a 2-time National Champion team that went RIGHT down to the last of the last of the last plays before the outcome would be known.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES!!!! YOU ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! laugh

Over the moon, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#76104 - 01/04/03 11:26 AM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I woke up, turned on ESPN's SportCenter on TV and sure enough! We DID win the National Championship last night. I was afraid it was all a dream. WOO HOO!!!!!! (okay, enough already, right? hehehe..)

Happy Buckeye, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#76105 - 01/04/03 01:07 PM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Congrats to OSU, and score another win for the Big 10 smile That game seemed like it was never going to end!! For a minute I thought OSU was really going to regret that field goal fake play back in the first quarter rolleyes . Good win, and very well deserved!!! laugh

#76106 - 01/04/03 02:19 PM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Forget that "Questionable" pass interference call... Miami gave up a 4th & 14 in OVERTIME!! That's your ballgame right there.

MM, weeks ago I said OSU had no chance. Sorry 'bout that, I guess I've learned. But now the OSU alums in Chicago will be (even more) insufferable!

Congrats to the Buckeyes for carrying the Big Ten banner to the national title!

#76107 - 01/04/03 09:36 PM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I will forever love ANY team that beats Miami.

So congrats, MM, on being on the right side (as usual). If my Gators couldn't be in it (and they were pretty pathetic this year), SOMEONE had to take those 'Canes down a notch.

And I even went to law school at the University of Miami...if an alum doesn't like them, well, doesn't that say something?!?

Happy New Year, all--we just drove in from sunny south Florida today...3757 miles round trip! Sometimes I wish our lovely country was just a LITTLE smaller....

#76108 - 01/04/03 11:31 PM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
taravb: Thank you for your rousing endorsement of the Brigham Young University Cougars...yes, we, too beat Miami back in 1990 when they were ranked #1: 28-21...I too love teams that beat Miami! laugh laugh

Sincerely,

Mr. Living in the Past

#76109 - 01/11/03 07:52 PM Re: GO BUCKS! Beat Miami!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

In about 10 minutes, at 8:00pm Eastern USA time, they're REplaying the Ohio State versus Miami football game on ESPN CLASSICS Channel and again tomorrow night (Sunday) at 3:00pm Eastern USA Time on ABC. Yes, that game was an INSTANT CLASSIC! ALMOST as good as watching it the first time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments