Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#76070 - 12/18/02 02:38 AM S. Korea most entertaining team?????
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
The FIFA wisemen have spoken and the winner for Most Entertaining Team for the 2002 World Cup is South Korea. rolleyes However, they forgot to award gold watches to the three third-world arbitors who made it all possible. I suppose that these crooks are not welcome in Spain.

I thought it was funny that the Korean representative decided not to give a victory speech. Although, I think it would have been more entertaining to watch the Spanish crowd tell FIFA what they can do with that award. laugh

BTW, I was glad that Galavisión broadcasted the event. It is always a pleasure to hear the pure Castellano of Spain on television, and even better to see Las Ketchup perform their canción de verano in December.

Aserejé laugh laugh laugh

#76071 - 12/18/02 10:10 AM Re: S. Korea most entertaining team?????
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I watched that last night, too. Interesting to remind myself that two of the three finalists, as well as last year's recipient of footballer of the year, belong to Real Madrid. Poor old Oliver...Spanish TV didn't allow him to speak, not that he could've in Spanish...

It was also fun to see Mr. Catalán Joaquín Prat do the presenting...all I remember in the 80's was him yelling "A JUGAAAAAAAAR" on the "Precio Justo".

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments