Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7601 - 02/07/05 09:44 AM Costa Vella, Santiago
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
There are no shortages of places to stay in Santiago, but just wanted to let people know my wife and I enjoyed hostal costa vella for 2 nights last week. Rita is quick to respond on emails, and the staff is fantastic there, have a great little cafe for coffee in the AM or a glass of wine before you go out. Recommended a great restaurant, Bodaquilla San Roque, 2 blocks up from the hotel, go upstairs or have a beer down below, food was great and very reasonable.

#7602 - 02/07/05 12:12 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello,

I was curious about Costa Vella. Thanks so much for the review. Here is its website: http://www.costavella.com/

It says that a double is 65 Euros, is that true?
I like the location, near Eddie's Convento de San Francisco and the Casco Historico/historic center.

Thanks,
Booklady

#7603 - 02/07/05 12:42 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
It is a gem, I think we paid 72E for the 2 second floor superior room, has a great bathroom overlooking the convent and historic part of the city. Overall was very happy w/ the hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

#7604 - 03/11/05 11:35 PM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I stayed there last summer with two of our kids and it was wonderful. We had a great experience!!! They even have a small library where you can look a tour books or borrow a book to read.

#7605 - 03/12/05 07:26 AM Re: Costa Vella, Santiago
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Doña Carmen (Booklady) writes:
Quote:
I like the location, near Eddie's Convento de San Francisco and the Casco Historico/historic center.
Is that me to whom you refer?? If so, I am flattered! But my reference has almost always been to Hostal Hogar San Francisco where I have stayed several times and which I recommend highly. cool
BTW
Is the Costa Vella up that cobblestone hill from Rua San Francisco?? If so, this Septuagenarian had a tough time coming down that hill on wet cobblestones trying to use a walking stick. eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1636 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments