Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7566 - 11/23/04 09:46 AM Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
La Bolichera Offline

Loc: Málaga
Hi everyone, just joined !! cool Can anyone recommend a really nice olde-worlde type hotel within walking distance of the Prado and the old part of the city - about 3/4 stars? My brother and SIL is coming over from the US for Xmas and wants to spend a couple of days in Madrid 28 Dec onwards.

#7567 - 11/26/04 07:21 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
Andyraz Offline

Loc: Madrid
Never stayed there myself, but take a look at Hotel El Prado - fits your requirements...

#7568 - 11/26/04 09:30 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
La Bolichera Offline

Loc: Málaga
Thanks! I've passed it on to my bro!

#7569 - 11/26/04 12:27 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Hotel Mora on Paseo del Prado is basic, but very clean, and well insulated from traffic noise. It is very reasonably priced. We had a friend from New York stay there when she came to visit us in Madrid.

You will have to track down their website, if they have one, or maybe MadridMan can paste it into this post. (Madrid says: "DONE!" laugh )

Buena suerte

#7570 - 11/26/04 01:04 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Try the Hotel Carlton. It's very nice, near the Atocha Train Station, walking distance to the Reina Sophia, the Prado....
http://www.hotelcarlton.com/
Great service and quiet.

#7571 - 11/26/04 02:02 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel near Prado?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I highly recommend the Hotel Suecia. Excellent location,is right next to the superchic Círculo de Bellas Artes (an arts society-café-film-theater complex). The hotel is a 4 star hotel and very modern furnishings. It is within easy walking distance to the Prado, Reina sofia and Thyssen as well as an easy walk to the city Center. There is a metro stop within feet of the Hotel and best of all a RENFE store is on the corner where you can purchase tickets easily.

C/ Marqués de Casa Riera, 4
28014 Madrid (Comunidad de Madrid)
MADRID
www.hotelsuecia.com

And best of all this hotel participates in the Bancotel scheme, which means if you are lucky and the dates are open you can stay for 50 Euros per night! Not bad.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments