Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#75230 - 02/11/08 11:30 AM Translation Please
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
on thursday 14th february we have valentines day in england, when all loved ones get a mushy card chocolates and the mandatory flowers this year im hopeing to inject some hot spanish blood into my words (dont ask) so if someone would be kind enough to translate this for me

to my special wife
i love you more than yesterday
but not as much as tommorow
i love you forever

mushy i know but if i can get some credits in with my wife (and yes it is for my wife) we are BOTH HAPPY
thanks in advance
billy

#75231 - 02/11/08 05:24 PM Re: Translation Please
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi Billy,
If I translate it word by word the result is this:

A mi especial esposa
Te quiero más que ayer
pero menos que mañana
Te amaré siempre

The problem is that "especial esposa" doesn't sound very nice in Spanish, so much better "A mi amada esposa".
Carlos Gardel sang a tango called "Te quiero" which includes the sentence "Hoy te quiero más que ayer pero menos que mañana".

Te quiero lyrics

#75232 - 02/13/08 09:52 AM Re: Translation Please
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The "I love you more today that yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow" also appears in the 60's song by the SPIRAL STAIRCASE. As mushy as the lyrics are, I love that song! smile

#75233 - 02/15/08 07:41 AM Re: Translation Please
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
well it all went very nice she loved the words even though she had no idea what i was on about i told her i was taking her out to experiance so me spanish culcher, she thought we were gong out to a spanish restaurant ( read general spain chatter ) but she still had a great night clap clap clap

#75234 - 02/15/08 12:51 PM Re: Translation Please
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hahahaa.. Aren't you the romantic, billy the man.

First you present your lovely wife with some wispy Spanish phrases to melt her butter and then drag her to a football match thinking she's going out for a romantic Spanish dinner at a nice restaurant.

I'm guessing the Spanish love-message was to butter-her-up so that she'd let you take her to the football match - ON VALENTINES DAY - as a gift to HER... errr... YOU!! hearts hahahaa... That's great stuff.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments