Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75213 - 01/21/08 11:10 AM Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi friends!
As MM suggested I will start a new thread for "The Oxford murders" (Original version in English with subtitles in Spanish).
I would prefer to see this film next week, this one we'll see "American ganster".
Show times at Cines Ideal are 6pm and 8:10pm.
Los crímenes de Oxford

#75214 - 01/21/08 01:29 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ah! I just found the the Internet Movie Database website HERE that the movie is directed by Álex de la Iglesia - he was born in Bilbao! He also directed the 2004 movie "Crimen ferpecto". Suddenly I'm more interested in seeing this movie!

Personally, I'd prefer the 6pm showing. Which day next week should be make it?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75215 - 01/21/08 05:30 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Executive Member

MM,
Did you see "El día de la Bestia"? The film was directed by Alex de la Iglesia in 1995. It is a low budget horror movie, black humor, very funny. The story takes place in Madrid, you can see sites like the Schweppes advert from Gran Vía and the Torres Kio.

San Francisco Cronicle
The New York Times
Youtube video
Interview with De la Iglesia

I am free on tuesday and thursday for the "The Oxford murders". Let me now your choice.

#75216 - 01/22/08 03:26 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

No, I haven't seen "El día de la Bestia".

You can choose the day. One is the same as the other to me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75217 - 01/23/08 01:24 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Are we "doing" the movie on Tuesday or Thursday afterall? And at what time? Let's make that decision as soon as possible.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75218 - 01/24/08 06:10 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
MM Do you mean next week or today...

#75219 - 01/24/08 07:08 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I think Valenciano_en_Madrid meant next week, not today, but we need to set a firm date and time so people can SEE the notice and then make plans.

It'd be great to see you again, Nevado!! thumbsup It's been a long time.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75220 - 01/24/08 03:45 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Executive Member

Hi!

Yes, I meant next week, sorry.
Tuesday, thursday or friday are good for me.

Saludos

#75221 - 01/25/08 05:44 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

How about Tuesday then. What hour? 6pm or 8:10pm? I could probably do either one.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75222 - 01/26/08 06:17 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Ba-DOINK! gotcha

#75223 - 01/26/08 06:43 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Executive Member

Hi!
8:10pm is better for me. See you there. wave

#75224 - 01/27/08 05:00 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

8:10pm Tuesday it is. See you there/then about 15 minutes before the movie starts!

By the way, I just added the EVENT to Facebook with the title, MadridMan\'s Madrid Movie Club .

And for those interested in going or making "friends", contact me via my FACEBOOK profile, MadridMan MadridMan .

See some of you there!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

#75225 - 01/27/08 12:29 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Executive Member

Hi MM!

I've red an article in today's edition of "El País" about Facebook. It says that Facebook could become a sort of big brother watching users lives. What do you think?

El País

#75226 - 01/27/08 12:57 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Valenciano_en_Madrid, that's probably a discussion better conducted on another thread. But yes, in short, I'm sure you're right. They have to make money someway. But one should never put TOO PERSONAL information on Facebook or anywhere else online.

Whenever you put things online like group gatherings with places, times, and dates you always run the risk of some nut-job (i.e. crazy) joining only to cause problems. But that's life. We can't lock ourselves in the house - although we've kind of done that in the last 10 years anyway - which is why things like Facebook are so popular, it allows us to socialize without actually leaving the house!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the movie.

Saludos, MadridMan

#75227 - 01/28/08 01:03 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Boink! wave

#75228 - 01/30/08 03:56 AM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

is my own personal review. :yuck:

I couldn't help thinking of every, cookie-cutter episode of "Scooby-Doo" while watching this mystery novel movie. The only difference is that they didn't physically unmask anyone at the end to have a surprise culprit - BUT there WAS a surprise culprit so there you go. Ugh. Someone told me that this was "like" an Agatha Christie novel - which now I understand why I've never read one. Blah! Are all her books like this? All taking the same path throughout the text, just inserting different characters and evidence, having everyone as a possible suspect, then cleverly tying it all together at the end - only to have a twist? Por Favor! rolleyes

Until next movie! Saludos, MadridMan

#75229 - 01/31/08 02:41 PM Re: Madrid movie club: "The Oxford Murders"
Executive Member

I didn't like this film either. It simply bored me.
I was expecting much more from Alex de la Iglesia, considering his previous works. He tried to make an English style mistery movie, and he did it but a boring one.

Saludos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments