Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#75153 - 11/26/07 09:00 AM Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Would anyone like to get together later this week to go see BEOWULF at the Cine Ideal in Version Original with Spanish subtitles?

I don't know anything about this movie but I understand the digitalized visuals are stunning and would like to see it.

http://www.beowulfmovie.com/

There are shows at 3:45pm, 6:05pm, and 8:25pm. I personally like the first showtime but understand most people can't go that early. So how about the 6:05pm showing? Which day?

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75154 - 11/26/07 10:53 AM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi MM!

I could meet you next thursday.

Un saludo

#75155 - 11/26/07 12:09 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thursday works for me! The 6:05pm show?

Anyone else want to join in?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75156 - 11/27/07 02:27 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

boink! wave

#75157 - 11/27/07 05:16 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi MM!

6:05pm it's ok for me.

See you

#75158 - 11/28/07 01:49 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT! I'll see you tomorrow/Thursday at the doors between 5:45pm and 5:55pm. Hope we'll be able to have a couple beers and tapas afterwards too. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#75159 - 11/29/07 12:06 PM Re: Madrid Movie Club: "BEOWULF"
fulano Offline

Loc: califas
MM, Beowulf is a good movie but if you want to see a "great" movie go see "No Country For Old Men" by the Coen Bros. and based on the book by legendary writer Cormac McCarthy.
Many people feel that the movie is a Metaphor of the USA in post 9 11 times. I don't know about that but the movie is chock full of potential metaphors and one can draw his own conclusion.
The story is based in West Texas in 1980 (although the breathtaking scenery was filmed in New Mexico) and is a super violent movie (so be prepared) about a drug deal gone bad along the Mexican Border.
Tommy Lee Jones plays a Texas Sheriff lost in the history of the old west, Josh Brolin plays a Viet Nam Combat Vet who gets involved accidentaly and, well I won't ruin it for you.

But Spanish actor Javier Bardem, who plays the "Killer" is the most scary, evil, killing machine since Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs. He surely should get an Oscar for his chilling performance.
Will be considered an all time classic years from now.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments