Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#75068 - 08/04/07 06:49 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi!

I cannot attend next monday, I'll be in Galicia for holidays until August the 11th.
I could meet you next wednesday August the 15th wich is a holiday.

Saludos

#75069 - 08/05/07 04:22 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hope you can come next time, Valenciano_en_Madrid! Understandably, there are few(er) people in Madrid in August so the "Guest List" will be short this time. Mostly, it's a GOING AWAY lunch for members ChrisR and Torero. Another message board member leaves Madrid tomorrow and another in the coming months - they will both be greatly missed.

It's always sad for me (which sounds so self-centered and selfish) but always very enriching when people come to Madrid to live for short periods of time, I get to know them, get to like them, we become friends, and then they leave. frown This is life, of course. It's DEFINITELY better to have known people than never to have known them.

ChrisR and Torero, you two will be missed although I've only met you a couple times.

ChrisR, thank you SO VERY VERY MUCH for all your assistance over the past few years. You've made things much easier for me. thumbsup

See you both tomorrow! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75070 - 08/06/07 03:31 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tick Tock! See you there in 4 hours!

Saludos, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#75071 - 08/06/07 10:52 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We three midwestern boys from the USA had a wonderful lunch today at Restaurante Bazaar . It was a Going Away lunch for the other two, ChrisR and Torero, so I was happy to spend a little quality time with them over a very very good lunch.

We shared the poached egg, black-olive-puré green salad. MAN, that's good. My second time.

I had the skewered chicken chunks on tasty rice with raisins - which was oh-so-tasty. It was served in a big bowl. For dessert I had the torrijas with a ball of vanilla ice cream. The three of us also shared a bottle or Rueda white wine.

We were fortunate to have a table right at the front windows when we walked in at about 1:50pm as the place wasn't even half full. By 2:30 it was full full.

Good to see you both once again - and probably for the last time for the foreseeable future. Best of luck to you both. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

#75072 - 08/07/07 03:13 AM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
It was good to finally be able to get away from work for an MM lunch. I had the tres carnes con fideos thai, very tasty. I also want to again applaude MM for all his hard work on this and his other sites, one of the best I monitor!

#75073 - 08/13/07 10:20 PM Re: Madrid: August 6th get-together?
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I also enjoyed the lunch on Monday. I had the beef and vegetable roll with a tasty sweet wine sauce that I enjoyed very much. Great little place, although I think I prefer the menu at Finca de Susana just a bit. But either place is a great spot for a nice dinner that is very affordable too! Thanks for the suggestion MM, and I look forward to another get together next time I am in Madrid (whenever that may be!).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2595 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments