MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74844 - 02/22/07 04:33 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
See you all at La Puebla at 2pm! We'll try to wait outside the door (unless it's raining) a few minutes but look for us inside too. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74845 - 02/22/07 11:43 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
SRedw Offline

I hope that lunch was dreamy. cloud9

Shawn

#74846 - 02/22/07 05:45 PM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Great lunch ... Thanks MM really appreciated it and what a passionate debate !! JeJe . I have to say That the Revuelto de Ajetes y morcilla was excellent ... And the cochifrito was great too . AND , I thought the house white wine was pretty damn good ... Not the vinegar/acid I was expecting ! It was great meting up with the other guys so let's not leave it too long for the next meeting ! Thanks MM too for dealing with the drama afterwards .... somewhat unexpected ..... But it'll be a good bar story for me . Looking forward to a few photos .

#74847 - 02/22/07 10:36 PM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Drama? You guys are not sharing?

No photos too?

Bill

#74848 - 02/23/07 05:59 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hehehe... It's not that I wasn't sharing, Bill from NYC, it's that I was sleeping!

The lunch WAS GREAT and we arrived right at 2pm - the place was already about half full but they could push together two tables for the 5 of us, awaiting a 6th. By 2:30pm, the place was ABSOLUTELY full until about 4pm. By the time we left, what, 5pm (?), the place was ABSOLUTELY EMPTY and we were the last ones to leave.

They offer THREE lunch Menús at La Puebla. Menú 1 is 9.80€ and there are about 12 choices for your first course and 12 choices for your second course. They have a Menú 2, which is 11.30€, and they had about the same number of choices. Then they had a LARGE Menú which was 22€ and had "higher class" food choices.

I the Menú 2. From the long list of choices for first course I chose the Arroz a la Cubana[/b], which was a small tower of rice near the edge of a large plate, a large fried egg, a large pool of ketchup covering half of the plate, and a slice of banana. Wow. It was good!

For the second course I chose the [i]cordero con patatas
(lamb with potatoes). It was good too, but not as much meat as I'd hoped.

For dessert I chose (one of) their house specialty, the pudin casero (a homemade, firm custard).

Other people had the cochinillo which they said was good, paella, and wow, steve robinson's first course of Revuelto de Ajetes y morcilla (a mix of fried morcilla and a kind of green bean) looked ESPECIALLY good. Mmmmm.. I'll get that next time for a first course.

In attendance were members steve robinson, JA and his wife from New York City, neilstrauss, Mercedes, and ME! One person cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. He missed some good food and lively political conversation and debate among "same side" protagonists.

As for the "drama" mentioned above by steve robinson, it's really his story (which took place long after the lunch) - I was mainly a bystander, so if/when he wants to share it either here or at a bar after a few drinks is up to him.

I only took one photo during the lunch which you'll see below. Starting at the bottom left and moving clockwise you'll find:

steve robinson (member), Mercedes (member), Judy, and JA (member). I'm not pictured because I'm taking the photo and neilstrauss came a bit later - you've all seen him in photos of previous MadridMan get togethers.

¡Until next time! Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74849 - 02/23/07 08:01 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MadridMan

Thanks for sharing. thumbsup

It sounds like you had a wonderful MadridMan lunch again and I always hate reading things like what you ate before I have lunch.

Because today I going to have a boring lunch that will make a grown man cry! smile

Bill

#74850 - 02/23/07 09:52 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Thanks for the detailed lunch FOOD description....I live for that. clap

Just in case anyone wants to plan ahead....I will be in Madrid from Apr 28 to May 2, and May 7 to MAy 11 and would love to meet some board members if any of those days are good.

I will post sooner to my trip, though, I know it is too early to decide on a date at this point. Just wanted to put it out there......

#74851 - 02/23/07 02:45 PM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
Hola a todos!

LIFO, ( Last in First Out). Sorry MM for the late and for the early exit. i had a work. An I owe you one.. so lets meet up one day..

I had my POllo Asado with me garnish with Potato.. and for the dessert i had a pudding. Its my second time at this place and great that at the first meet up i met MM..that was last june or july..

I heard about the drama.. can i come over to listen to it!!

Yeah i wasnt in the picture but i was in MM party last december... i took some photographs that has been published here...

have a good weekend ahead

Neilstrauss ( MEMBER ) from Spain, yeah im spanish now. I got my card.. although i was born here...
smile

#74852 - 02/24/07 09:57 AM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Glad you could make it, neilstrauss23! Good seeing you again. Hopefully we'll be able to have another lunch sometime next month. Let's see.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

#74853 - 02/24/07 03:57 PM Re: Madrid lunch: Feb.22, 2007
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Greeting to Steve! and to Neil! Congrats to Neil on his card.
MM, was this the place we met for lunch last July when I brought my family. I remember the food was delicioso!
I can't wait to join you for lunch this July!

Thanks for posting the picture and the meal details.....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments