Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74740 - 11/19/07 11:02 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
From a Tennessee Titan fan (Eddie George, No. 27, from The Ohio State...GO TITANS ON MNF....I´ll have to wait until the morning to catch the score...

#74741 - 12/02/07 08:22 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
Ohio State vs. LSU for the National Title in New Orleans on January 7.

What a crazy year for college football.

They really need a playoff system.

#74742 - 12/03/07 05:19 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOO HOO!! :jump:

As you said, what a crazy BCN year with the Number 1 AND Number 2 teams losing nearly every weekend. I wonder what the longest period of time ANY #1 team held on to that position - maybe 2 weeks?? OSU was Number 1, then lost to Illinois and went to Number 7. Beat Michigan and went to Number 5 to end their season. The following weekend, without playing, went to Number 3. Then the last weekend, again without playing, went to Number 1. Just incredible.

I gotta tell you I'm a bit nervous about facing LSU on January 7th but they've proven - as has OSU - that they're mortals and CAN lose. I'll bet the odds-makers will give LSU the favorite to win.

Last Saturday night I caught the last half of the Oklahoma U. versus Missiouri game online and was nearly out of my chair with excitement with each OU score. I'd gotten up at 2:30am and watched until 6am, even watching part of the last quarter of the West Virginia versus PITT game. Wow. What an incredible last weekend in NCAA (University) (American) Football. rolleyes

Sunday, December 2, 2007 8:30 PM Columbus Dispatch article:

Get ready for OSU vs. LSU
Two-loss Tigers to play Buckeyes for national title

My own personal titles for this National Championship game would be:

AN ALL OHIO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
"Ohio Native Jim Tressel (born in Mentor, Ohio on December 5, 1952) faces OTHER Ohio Native Les Miles (born in Elyria, Ohio on November 10, 1952) on January 7th"

or...

National Championship Game: Ohio State University versus University of Michigan: AGAIN?!
"OSU coach Jim Tressel faces LSU coach - University of Michigan alum & former UM Assistant Coach - Les Miles for the National Championship"

or even (and this one is a stretch)...:

OSU versus (former) OSU for the National Championship
"OHIO State University's coach Jim Tressel faces former OKLAHOMA State University's coach Les Miles"

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74743 - 12/03/07 08:51 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
So where are you going to watch since it won't be on until 2 am Madrid time? Just in time for the clubs to open?

#74744 - 12/03/07 01:20 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ChrisR, I hope/expect to watch it at home over the internet - if I can find it. Hope it won't cost TOO much but I'll just about pay whatever it costs to see it live.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74745 - 12/03/07 02:47 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
gobears Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
and if anyone knows if it would be possible to watch the sugar bowl, please, please let me know. my alma mater is playing against georgia. and unfortuantely, my golden bears are in the armed forces bowl. i doubt that anyone in spain is interested in that.

#74746 - 12/03/07 04:56 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

gobears, you won't have any problems finding The Sugar Bowl there in Los Angeles. Surely the game is televised nationally.

Saludos, MadridMan

#74747 - 12/04/07 07:58 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
gobears Offline

Sorry I didn't clarify - I will be in Madrid when the game is on.

#74748 - 12/05/07 03:26 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

You went to Hawaii?? Wow! What a FANTASTIC season they had this year!!!! Congratulations!

Very good. You'll be in Madrid.

That said, I think it'll be very very difficult:

Sugar Bowl:
in New Orleans
Hawaii vs. Georgia
Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m. (ET) FOX

That's 2:30am local Spain time for the start of TV coverage. Kickoff is likely to be 2:45am or thereabouts. Game won't be over until 5:45am or 6am. You won't find a bar open all night to watch it.

Will you be "living" here in Madrid or just visiting on that date?

IF you will have your own computer with internet access at home (or wherever that may be) you MAY be able to WATCH the game online - or at the very least follow it on the radio (online) and ESPN's Gamecast as I've been doing all season for my Ohio State Buckeyes. (we're Number 1 !! - for now xfingers )

Saludos, MadridMan

#74749 - 12/09/07 10:02 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
gobears Offline

Thanks! We'll see how they stack up against a quality team. The WAC is not exactly good practice for a postseason BCS bowl game.

I will be visiting Madrid. The hotel does have free wireless internet. So hopefully I'll be able to find SOMETHING. Otherwise I'll have to maybe instant message with someone from back home, hahaha.

Best wishes to OSU!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2078 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments