MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74730 - 11/17/06 12:30 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Seems now I will neither be able to listen to the game NOR watch it (as if it was televised SOMEWHERE rolleyes in Spain) because now I'm obligated to attend a birthday party. What timing. Argh. mad

Saludos, MadridMan GO BUCKS! xfingers

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74731 - 11/17/06 02:22 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Now to add some tragic drama, former Michigan coach Bo Schembeckler has just passed away.

MM, read your e-mail about some options for you to see the game delayed.

#74732 - 11/17/06 02:25 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
jlnastal Offline

Loc: Madrid
The guys at Finbar's are going to try to play the game tomorrow...I hope it works out!

#74733 - 11/18/06 04:34 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WHAT?!?!?!?! Bo died? Ohmygosh... that's terrible! And certainly DOES add some tragic drama to today's game. Maybe all the attention he's been getting, all the interviews he's been doing has been too much for him.

Regarding Finbar's (not sure where that is), I don't think I can escape the birthday party tonight on the HOPE that they will be able to play the game - although it'd be a good excuse. wink

UPDATE: Finbar's, http://www.finbarsmadrid.com/ , http://finbarsmadrid.com/Finbars-news/Getting-Here.html , it's NEXT TO the Arguelles Metro station. But looking now at their website's photos, the "space" doesn't look very big to get my 2 eyes on their single small-screen TV - particularly if that "space" is full of people at 9:30pm kickoff tonight/Saturday night.

GO BUCKS! Saludos, MadridMan xfingers

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74734 - 11/18/06 08:51 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

"Watch" the game LIVE via this live webcam of OSU Stadium - if you have a microscope. wink 3:30pm local (webcam) time. GO BUCKS! laugh xfingers

I MIGHT be able to catch the second half of the game at the Finbar's Irish Bar on their tiny-screen TV. I've got a contact there whom I'll call later today to see if, IN FACT, they are showing the game at said Irish bar.

#74735 - 11/18/06 08:48 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OSU 42, UM 39. WOW! eek What a game! Thanks to member jlnastal I watched most of the second half at the aforementioned Finbar's nearly-standard-size TV in the back of the bar. When I walked in, halfway through the 3rd quarter, I expected the TV to be swamped and was surprised - and pleased - to see the back TV area almost empty! I sat right down at a large table below the TV which was occupied by only one man, a United Statesen, so we shared the experience together, talking about OSU - Michigan games as well as other other Top-10 teams. I even met jlnastal on the other side of the room. Nice meeting you! And thanks! I had no problem finding the bar.

Now the National Championship game is next on January 8th, 2007. xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

#74736 - 11/17/07 10:58 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Now it's late but I'd totally forgotten about TRYING to find someplace here in Madrid to watch "The BIG Game". ARGH! Kickoff is in one hour!!!

I doubt jlnastal is even living in Madrid now but what do I know. Too late to contact her by now to find out if SHE knows about a bar which is televising the game.

Anyway, GO BUCKS!! BEAT MICHIGAN!!

Saludos, MadridMan :jump:

#74737 - 11/17/07 08:12 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
laugh

Doh! Not again!

I can tell by the MadridManCam that Ohio must have one again. Seems to me that Ohio wins a disproportionate share of these games.

#74738 - 11/18/07 07:18 PM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Only lately has OSU won a disproportionate number of these games, gazpacho. In the John Cooper years the numbers were reversed. Now we're in the Tressel Years and things are QUITE different. laugh

#74739 - 11/19/07 09:57 AM Re: Madrid: Ohio State v Michigan
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I've enjoyed watching various Big 10 games this year after so long overseas. Too bad OSU won't move up enough in the BCS to play for the national title, but those pesky Illini took care of that. My Hoosiers finally have a winning season and won the Old Oaken Bucket from Purdue.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2063 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments