Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74654 - 09/07/06 07:13 PM Madrid: Looking for friend
enash Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I am looking for a friend, Alex Ferrarro who lives in Madrid, not sure were but I know his father in law owns a sewing machine repair shop in madrid, and he works for them. Can someone help me locate him as he was a friend and we were stationed at Tojjejon air base when the US was there...thnx

#74655 - 09/07/06 09:05 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
I think you may have it spelled wrong... from the yellow pages:

JOSE LUIS FERREIRO QUINTANILLA
MAQUINAS DE COSER (sewing machines)
Zaida, 62
28019 MADRID

914 626 580

Pericles, 31
914 636 315

CLICK HERE for Yellow Pages results

It's close to the Oporto/Vista Alegre metro stops.

Also in the White Pages:

JOSE ALEJANDRO FERREIRO MARCOS
917 970 179
Hermandad de Donantes de Sangre, 51
28041 - MADRID - MADRID

I hope this gives you something to go on...

#74656 - 09/08/06 09:45 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
enash Offline

Thanks for the research...But I am positive about the name. He is American (Florida) and he married a spanish girl who's parents own the sewing repair shop. Last I knew he worked for them only...he may be in the phone book. Alex Ferraro (or something close to that). I can not remeber his wifes name. We were at TJ together 88-90.

#74657 - 09/08/06 11:42 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Aaaa.. So it's the girl's parents who own the sewing shop. So the man's name would not be associated with them at all - nor would his name necessarily be on the phone bill - possibly HER name or that of the parents (if they're living with them) of the woman. If he moved in with her then the woman's name would likely be on the phone bill. If later they moved into a new house together and IF the phone number changed then HIS name would most likely be on the phone bill.

Unless/Until you're sure about the exact spelling of his name you won't have much luck, I'm afraid. You could try a Google search with his name in quotes like:

"Alex Ferrarro" +madrid

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74658 - 09/08/06 11:47 AM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
There are no Ferrarros and only a handful of Ferraros in the Madrid phone book. None with a first name resembling Alex.

There are 53 sewing machine shops listed... maybe looking at the listings will jog your memory (not all are named after the proprietors, but many are):

paginas amarillas--sewing machine shops

#74659 - 09/11/06 12:38 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
enash Offline

That is probally it, Alex Ferraro, actually I belive that is the correct spelling as well..I remeber his wifes name now as Marissa.

Is there a link a Madrid phone book?

Thnx...

#74660 - 09/13/06 02:05 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
enash Offline

anybody? help..link to information? etc...

#74661 - 09/13/06 03:48 PM Re: Madrid: Looking for friend
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
http://www.PaginasBlancas.es can show you what I see in the Madrid phone book. But as madridmadridmadridmadridmadridmadrid said above wink , I see only ONE Ferraro in the Madrid phone book and that's for a J.C. Ferraro Cristi..

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments