Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74568 - 06/29/06 09:46 AM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Don't forget to give us all the details...we are hungry here in the states!!!!!!!

#74569 - 06/29/06 11:03 AM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Im starving.. I want to hear what everytone ate :-)

#74570 - 06/29/06 05:33 PM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi everybody! Ooh ooh Oooh! What a lunch! La Puebla was PREDICTABLY good! What a value and what good food!

There were 11 of us total. What a surprising turnout! Great to meet many of you for the first time and learn about your lives. We always have such interesting people attending these lunches.

I had the pasta salad for the first course. I, along with a number of others, had the Garlic Chicken with boiled potatoes as the second course. Finally, I had the "pudding". Finally, coffee.

After all the good food and conversation a few of us went to a terraza in Plaza Santa Ana for a drink. Unfortunately, I could only stay for one white wine before leaving for an appointment near SOL.

ABOVE: Clockwise starting at lower left: users esperanza, esperanza's daughter (Marisa?), user laduque, Juan (laduque's husband), Lucia Paz (not-pictured: Juan and laduque's 2 year old daughter), user neilstrauss23, user Jamongris, user steve robinson, user Tim Hortons Man, and MadridMan (not pictured because he's taking the picture!).

ABOVE: L-R: Marisa (esperanza's daughter), esperanza, laduque

ABOVE: L-R: neilstrauss23, Jamongris, steve robinson, Tim Hortons Man

ABOVE: L-R: Elena, Marisa (or is it Marisa and Elena? sorry!) - both esperanza's daughters

ABOVE: L-R: esperanza and laduque speaking

ABOVE: La Puebla restaurant - quite popular! See Juan, laduque's husband in the far background, probably "rounding up" little daughter Lucia Paz

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did! We'll have to do it again sometime soon - but probably not with the same people as many of them were "just passing through". GREAT to meet you all, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74571 - 06/30/06 08:10 AM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MadridMan

I really enjoy the photos and commentary. Thanks for sharing! cloud9

Bill

#74572 - 06/30/06 08:24 AM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
Hi everybody! Ooh ooh Oooh! What a lunch! La Puebla was PREDICTABLY good! What a value and what good food!
He, he, I think I should ask La Puebla's owners a commission for being their 'discoverer' in this forum. smile

I am glad you enjoyed your lunch, and many thanks for the pics.

#74573 - 06/30/06 09:55 AM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
YES, Torrales! It was all because of your recommendation last, what, February. Hopefully YOU can make it to one of them someday. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74574 - 06/30/06 01:43 PM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
What a great time! It was wonderful to talk to MM and the English representation. Esperanza, I had such a fabulous time talking to you, I feel we are connected, thanks to MM.

La Puebla was a really good recommendation!! We will definitely go back!

I¨m glad we could make to a lunch with all you!!

#74575 - 06/30/06 02:42 PM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I really enjoyed lunch too. As a newby with the "lunch bunch" I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but everyone's really nice and friendly... and then there was the food.

This restaurant really is as good as everyone is saying. Such an extensive menu for about 10 euros and, it seemed, as much wine as you cared to order. The red was certainly acceptable as a table wine, and I tried a few glasses just to make sure laugh For the record I had setas a la plancha con jamon, or was it setas con jamon a la plancha ? followed by filete de ternera con patatas fritas. All very good.

I look forward to doing this again, nice to meet you all, it was indeed a 'neat' lunch. clap

#74576 - 06/30/06 05:06 PM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I agree with you all, it was a fabulous time! My girls and I really enjoyed meeting each and every one of you! The lunch was very good, especially for the price. For anyone interested, I had the gazpacho and the trucha a la navarra (pan fried trout stuffed with jamón serrano) and melon for dessert. I agree that the red wine was very drinkable too. My daughters had the creme of carrot soup and the garlic chicken, which was very tasty and nice and garlicy...and for dessert there was rice pudding! All in all a good lunch, but what made it very special was meeting MadridMan (finally! smile ) and the others! Laduque, I agree that we have connected! I would have loved to speak more with your husband though! And our sobremesa on the Plaza Santa Ana was fun too!
Thank you for organizing this MadridMan! It was a memorable way to begin our summer in Spain.

#74577 - 06/30/06 09:49 PM Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs
ned Offline

Loc: USA
....good to see "y'all" had a good time...i really would have liked to have joined you but no-one put up the air fare!!. The pics help to make it a 'live' thread.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments