Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#74504 - 06/02/06 02:22 PM Re: Madrid June2 2006 Lunch w/ MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good lunch! In addition to me and my significant other, members Mercedes Pacifica, Tim Hortons Man, and steve robinson attended.

The three (guys) non-Spaniards had the Menú del Día for 9.40 Euros and the two Madrileñas both had paella. (edit: actually, Mercedes had the paella WITH the Menú) The Menú del Día had an amazing number of choices for each course - maybe 15!! eek I had the Madrileña soup to start. For the second course I chose the garlic chicken with boiled potatoes. For dessert I had the "pudin". All good stuff! I think we shared 2 bottles of white wine.

And the place, "La Puebla", is fine, rustic, large, cool and comfortable - thank goodness. Cloth napkins and table cloths too.

Good conversations too; mainly about our travels, learning foreign languages, the differences/similarities in language and cultures, and how to get tan without being in the sun. wink

We'll have to do this again sometime. Hope you were all more-or-less satisfied with my restaurant selection. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74505 - 06/04/06 06:46 AM Re: Madrid June2 2006 Lunch w/ MadridMan!
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
What I wouldn't do for a bowl of gazpacho
Excellent choice for lunch MadridMan!!! Reasonably priced and large selection of meals, of course I had the gazpcho soup, excellent as usual.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2318 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments