Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7440 - 09/27/04 03:04 PM Madrid: Hostal Bianco II
jddwMadrid Offline

Loc: Chicago
This Madrid hostal ( Hostal Bianco II ) is listed on this website along with other Madrid Hostels, but I would avoid it as I had a very bad experience there just a few days ago. The hostal is centrally located just off Sol, clean and nice, but all my problems arose from billing. I was overchaged 90 Euros on my credit card when checking in, and the manager wanted to give it back to me in cash, only after charging me a 12% commission that she said her bank charged her. Not until I theatened to call her bank (BBVA) on the spot and report her did I manage to get my entire overcharged amount back. Upon returning from dinner that night I was stopped when I entered and told I had requested 3 nights, not the two which I had already paid for. So, the next day I had to find a printer to print the actual email I had sent to them with my request, so they would not charge me for the 3rd night, which I never requested in the first place. I had my confirmation email, but the confirmation they send you conveniently does not have any dates printed on it anywhere.
Again, it's a clean place in a good location, but they seem to want to make a buck at any expense. I have stayed in many hostels in Madrid (two from this site- Hostal Alistana and Hostal Hispano , both excellent) and never had a problem like this one. This place certainly seems to be the exception to the usually friendly and accommodating service you find in Madrid.

#7441 - 09/27/04 03:38 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Bianco II
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thank you VERY much for your review, jddwMadrid. We all apreciate it.

They overcharged you 90 Euros? Could you tell me how much the charged you total? My goodness! 2-nights for a double wouldn't even have been 90 Euros. Was this for a single or a double? And you requested 2 nights and not 3, correct? We'd all like to make sense of this one. Seems confusing to me too. I do know that Spain banks do charge a large commission for using credit card services but 12%?? Yikes! eek

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments