MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74302 - 02/06/06 05:14 AM Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Member SRedw & I are getting together for lunch on Friday, February 10 at 2pm in downtown. This is open to all/any members.

Since we have a few days, any input on where we'd like to meet for lunch?

Looking forward to meeting you, Shawn! clap

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74303 - 02/06/06 10:33 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'll be around!

#74304 - 02/06/06 07:19 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WHAT?! REALLY? That's fantastic, Mongo! It'd be great seeing you again.

Anyone else? Suggestions on the place?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74305 - 02/07/06 06:35 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
rocketshipjack Offline

If I can make it, I'll certainly try to attend. I'll keep an eye out for the when and where. So count me in.

rsj

#74306 - 02/08/06 09:42 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The Cafe de Levante under the new Hotel Victoria looks good and I have heard good things about it. I haven´t been there myself.

#74307 - 02/08/06 02:08 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
I would go to Levante for a drink, but the food looked less than desirable to me. Go across the street to Alhambra for Rabo del toro and a cod/tomatoe salad, think you will have a better meal.

#74308 - 02/08/06 02:09 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Mongo, do you mean, per chance, the Hotel Victoria 4 on Calle Victoria, 4? If so, I spent one night at this hotel and this café, just below the hotel, is where I had their "buffet breakfast" (which turned out to be a simple continental breakfast rolleyes ). I didn't get a good feeling of its "modern-ness". It was fine but too new for my tastes.

I'd be willing to go again to the tried-and-true La Sanabresa on Calle Amor de Dios - which seems to be becoming my favorite for simplicity, location, price, and reliable food-quality.

Any other ideas? We have to decide soon!

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. Mongo, are you staying again at the Hostal Adriano ? If so, maybe I can "collect you" (as the Brits say) there on my way to the restaurant - wherever we happen to go. I'd like to visit Alberto & Enrique there too.

#74309 - 02/08/06 04:03 PM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
MM, you are correct it is the bar adjacent to the lobby area of the hotel, the bar is kind of cool modern swank to it, but I think it is better as a bar not for a meal.

#74310 - 02/09/06 05:03 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for the info/update, gregorio!

If we don't get any other suggestions let's just meet at Restaurante La Sanabresa at 2pm on Calle Amor de Dios. Sound good?

Saludos, MadridMan

#74311 - 02/09/06 06:16 AM Re: Madrid: Friday Lunch? Feb.10
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
If you want to try another restaurant in the same area, and similar style of cook than La Sanabresa, you can go to La Puebla @Calle Ventura de la Vega, 12.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments